Senior Risk Analyst – Model Risk 12 month FTC
Senior Risk Analyst – Model Risk 12 month FTC
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Up to £42,500
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00AOR01598
- Closing Date: 24 May 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
The growing prominence of model risk management has led Nationwide to invest in the continuous improvement of our modelling capability, highlighting the value placed on advances in this area. We currently have a great fixed term contract opportunity to join the Model Risk Oversight team paying up to £42,500.
We are looking for a Senior Risk Analyst who is passionate about data and has an analytical mindset to be part of the Model Risk Oversight team. The successful candidate will make a real difference by embedding a comprehensive approach to managing and controlling model risk and ensuring the Society’s key model suites have been built to meet both internal and external regulatory expectations.
Your success is not based on how long you spend at your desk. You will have contracted hours, but we are always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone, however as a Team we like to meet at our Swindon office twice a quarter.
What you’ll be doing
In the Model Risk Oversight team, we provide independent oversight to models used across the Society. Your primary responsibility is to conduct model validation, including data preparation, replicating model developments, analysing performance, and constructing challenger models. You will have the opportunity to present your work to the team’s senior management and committees. In addition, you will use your experience of risk management and knowledge to identify, assess, monitor, and manage model risk within Nationwide.
Given the diversity of the role, you will be able to work on a broad range of projects and engage with business areas including Retail, Commercial, and Treasury amongst others. Moreover, as a Senior analyst, you will have the opportunity to coach, mentor, and support individuals with a range of experiences, backgrounds, and knowledge in the team.
As a minimum you’ll need to have or be:
- Strong quantitative skills in data analysis and/or modelling
- Robust programming skills and experience of using analytical tools such as SAS, Python, R, or SQL to solve business problems
- Knowledge of statistical modelling or mathematical/econometric skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Have a highly rational and logical thought process with a strong attention to detail
- Have a proven record of accomplishment and ability to work on own initiative within a challenging/dynamic work environment
It would be advantageous you to have or be:
- Experience in model development, data analytics and/or model validation
- An ability to apply critical thinking and communicate your views on a range of issues to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Awareness of model risk management practices and landscape
- Ability to confidently network and influence
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.