Audit Manager - IT Applications
Audit Manager - IT Applications
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR01617
- Closing Date: 24 May 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We’re looking for someone who can really make a difference as part of a highly professional and friendly Community. As an Audit Manager within the Resilience and Agility (R&A) Portfolio you’ll lead audits covering primarily technology applications. You’ll be focused on identifying technology controls which mitigate key business risks and assessing their adequacy and effectiveness, providing audit opinions to quality and time. As an Audit Manager, you will also take responsibility for co-ordinating the delivery team, identifying development needs and coaching individuals to achieve their performance objectives.
Internal Audit (IA) are a 100+ strong community with backgrounds in everything from Financial Crime and Compliance to IT and Retail. We use our expertise, critical thinking and experience to complete internal audits across the whole Society.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work collaboratively with the Audit Senior Managers in the Resilience & Agility Portfolio to support business monitoring and to support discovery and scoping of the audits. You’ll work with the audit teams within the R&A Portfolio and in other portfolios to direct and deliver high quality and impactful audits over areas that directly impact our members. You will be using your subject matter knowledge on assessing the risks and identifying controls over IT Applications that support our businesses. You will use agile auditing techniques to support efficient delivery of audits, maximise the value of audit work and build effective relationships with stakeholders.
To be successful, you will use strong influencing skills, listening and building trust with your stakeholders, including the business and colleagues from across Internal Audit. As such this is a great opportunity to develop leadership, influencing and management skills and to influence the risk and controls landscape within IT Applications at Nationwide.
We are looking for an experienced technology auditor, who has a recognised IT and/or audit professional qualification such as CISA, CSSP, CRISC, CISM, CMIIA, Prince2 or equivalent.
As a minimum, you will have:
- Significant experience and a good professional knowledge of internal audit or assurance activities,
- Experience of leading audits related to application controls and IT general controls
- Exceptional organisational skills to support delivery of varying complexity audit activities, ensuring high quality results and full compliance with our audit methodology,
- Coached your colleagues to build their skills and confidence, providing feedback and helping them to be their best and deliver efficiently to the highest professional standards;,
- Confidently influenced others and built professional business relationships, demonstrating your proven collaboration and negotiating skills,
- Comfort with change and identifying continuous improvements to deliver our audit strategy and improve.
- Have experience of working on or auditing key Financial Services applications
- Have or working towards a project management qualification such as Prince2
- Use data analytics tools or have experience in data mining, automation and AI
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.