Business Support Analyst
Business Support Analyst
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: From £19,647 - £28,379
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR01664
- Closing Date: 20 May 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused. And in Member Service our focus is on Putting things Right (when they go wrong) and Stopping them Happening (for other members in the future).
As part of the Moments that Matter Mission, Member Service is a specialist regulated complaints function. We manage c110k complaints each year, with c450 direct Member Service and c7k indirect Complaints Community colleagues.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual, who will be able to support Member Service in our adherence to our Society Policies through analysis of how we are handling complaints and provide support to Member Service on any improvements required. They will also support our Member Service relationships with our wider complaint handling community and build great relationships with our Business Partners.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can, and always strive to find a way that works for everyone
Since the pandemic, the majority of our Member Service colleagues are home-working, and we maintain a small office-based presence in our regional hubs in Northampton, Swindon and Dunfermline. So whether you want to work from home, or at one of these locations (occasionally or all of the time), we’ll be guided by you.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
This is an important support role, working alongside our Policy and Regulation Consultants. You’ll be required to use your knowledge and skills of our complaints landscape to support implementation of any local business initiatives and carry out analysis to ensure this is successful. The role will require you to carry out periodic reviews of our handling of complaints against our frameworks, identifying where we need to make improvements. You will also need to be confident to compile and distribute important updates to the handling community including Hot Topics, updates from Project deliveries, keep our SOP’s up to date and support communications as part of any Strategic Business Changes. Working within a team, you will support us in complying with the policies, processes, procedures and frameworks set by the Society, to manage and mitigate risks to Member Service.
As a minimum requirement you will have:
- A high level of accuracy with an excellent attention to detail, alongside strong analytical and investigation skills
- Be a good communicator both verbally and in written communications and have a passion for connecting with people to ensure good outcomes can be achieved as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Good influencing and networking skills with experience of influencing at a senior management level
- Have good knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint)
- Experience working in a customer focused environment
- Agile approach to working, ability to think on feet and be good at effective influencing, Stakeholder Management and interpersonal skills. Be highly organised individual committed to meeting deadlines
- Be able to analyse information and produce concise and informative reports and presentations on the community’s adherence to Society wide policies.
- Be self-motivated, organised and capable of managing your own workload whilst working to deadlines.
- Have an eye for detail but also be able to see the bigger picture.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re different from other financial service providers. We’re a building society, owned by our members. And for over 130 years, we’ve supported those members to make the most of their money and achieve what they want from life.
That’s reflected in the way we work here at Nationwide. We come together to make sure we’re doing things in the best way possible, both for each other and for our members. If you join us, you’ll be part of that. You’ll be able to help us build something really quite special. And you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference.
On top of that, we always want you to be yourself. To use your skills and experience to make our Society stronger. To feel valued for who you are, not just what you do. Because here at Nationwide, we understand that we can do more together than we ever could alone.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.