Operations Team Manager
Operations Team Manager
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Up to £40,000
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00AOR02006
- Closing Date: 12 August 2022
Collections and Recoveries is a fast-paced environment that demands a flexible and dynamic approach. Change is frequent in this highly regulated operation and your ability to adapt and evolve will be a vital attribute to your success in the role.
You’ll be leading a team supporting members during difficult periods in their lives and who need our support. Through effective oversight and by using a robust training and competency framework you will empower and coach your team to deliver effective and compassionate conversations with our members. Identifying vulnerabilities and tailoring appropriate outcomes to meet the needs of each member.
We require our leaders to be accomplished coaches; able to motivate and inspire a team of agents to get things right first time. You will need to be comfortable working in a faced paced telephony environment but demonstrate confidence balancing service with high quality and consistent outcomes; ensuing our members, receive consistent fair outcomes and a good experience when they need to speak with us about their financial difficulty.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate proactive leadership skills, build strong working relationships, and deliver to a consistently high standard. You will be a team player; and work with the wider team in Collections and Recoveries, supporting, challenging, and sharing best practice with each other to get the best out of our people and deliver consistent fair outcomes standards for our members.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You will be required to lead a team of skilled Collection’s agents, who support our members in financial difficulty. Through effective leadership and coaching you will empower your team to be their best and operate to their full potential. Through effective 1-1’s and regular coaching you will create a high-performance culture to enable fair and positive member outcomes.
You will be required to deliver creative communication methods, to engage your remote teams and find ways to create a strong team dynamic enabling trust, collaboration, and support colleague wellbeing. Things change quickly, so it’s vital our teams are kept up to date with their learning through our established competency framework, you will be required to deliver consistent and appropriate communication that ensures teams are kept fully informed and maintain competence in their roles.
You will be able to demonstrate competence in executing consistently our range of operational controls and compliance expectations. 2nd and 3rd line oversight will be responded to quickly and efficiently prioritising remedial activity and ensuring all actions are completed within timescales.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have leadership experience working in a fast-paced environment, leading teams who are customer facing, experience of leading remote or hybrid teams is a must.
- Have knowledge and experience working in a Collections and Recoveries environment; although we will consider candidates without C&R experience but who can demonstrate strong leadership skills and experience.
- Be positive, motivated and have an inspirational approach to getting the best out of your team, you won’t be afraid to tackle difficult situations and use your leadership skills to resolve issues and grow talent on your team.
- Have a highly professional business attitude with the ability to meet deadlines and develop creative and innovative solutions which improve our outcomes and member experience.
- Demonstrate clear and confident communication skills to enable you to articulate the department’s key strategic priorities, performance goals and objectives along with key organisational messages.
- Have well-versed leadership skills and, since much of your success will hinge on your ability to forge and cement strong relationships, you’ll need to be a great communicator and influencer who is comfortable working with other leader’s operational support areas, as well as responding to and engaging senior stakeholders.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below, select a London allowance if you'll receive it, and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward. Select one of the London allowances below if applicable
This is the total amount you earn per year
Tick the box for where you'll be based
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.