Senior Treasury Consultant, SAS (Financial Risk Modelling)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Modelling & Analytics team as a Treasury Senior Consultant within Framework and Modelling, Treasury.
The Framework & Modelling team play a crucial role in helping ensure Nationwide’s financial risks are managed appropriately to maintain the long-term stability of the Society whilst providing our members with the products they need.
The Modelling & Analytics team’s core purpose involves modelling across areas such as Capital, Liquidity, and Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB). This means we have exposure to a broad range of different activities crucial to the way the Society operates and makes us a great place to learn about Treasury, Finance, Risk Management and Modelling.
This is a Hybrid role which will require 2 days per week in either our Swindon or London offices.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Joining the Treasury Modelling & Analytics team, you'll use your extensive modelling experience working with a variety of models used for a range of purposes (e.g. Pillar 2A Capital, Valuation, Stress Testing, Hedging, Strategic decisions & Regulatory reporting) and covering a broad range of risks (e.g. Market, Liquidity, Product, Behavioural, Operational and Credit Risks).
You will lead developments and reviews of our models, using statistical modelling techniques from simple regressions and Monte Carlo simulations to more complex machine learning techniques using predominantly SAS and Python.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading developments and reviews of models, scoping and planning them effectively and collaborating with other teams and stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of each piece of work.
- Produce high quality committee papers presenting your work to senior audiences in a simple but meaningful way.
- Ensuring models are managed through the governance process effectively
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with our key stakeholders including the business, model risk oversight and audit.
- Using your experience and expertise to provide review and challenge on model developments delivered by others to support less experienced members of the team.
- Keep up to date with changes in regulations, business requirements etc. to identify model development needs or opportunities
This role is all about model development and analytics and so you’ll need to have:
- Strong experience in a modelling role and a proven track record of developing models and taking them through their full life cycle (scope, design, build, validate, implement, review)
- Previous team lead/people management experience
- a high level of IT literacy and programming experience with SAS
- excellent stakeholder management skills
- excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- a degree or equivalent experience, in a numerate discipline such as physics, maths or engineering
Although not essential, it would be a bonus if you had:
- experience in Financial Risk Modelling
- a background in Financial Services
- other coding experience such as Python, R or VBA
Our Customer First behaviours are all about putting customers and members at the heart of how we work together. You can strengthen your application by showing the behaviours that resonate with you, and how you might have already demonstrated these.
- Say it straight - This is about being honest and direct with good intent and saying what needs to be said in the room. It’s also about being clear, precise, and using language that we and, importantly, our customers and members can understand.
- Push for better - This is about aiming high and constantly looking for better in how we work together and serve our customers and members.
- Get it done - This is about prioritising what will have the greatest impact, being decisive and taking accountability for delivering on the end-to-end outcome.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- Gympass – Access to a range of free and paid options for health and wellness.
- 25 days holiday
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
Why work at Nationwide
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scale to compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a building society, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have their current account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do things differently to deliver our Purpose – Banking – but fairer, more rewarding, and for the good of society.
When you work at Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be part of a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding career experiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match. You’ll also be joining us at an important time as we seek to reach more and more people in the UK. We want everyone in the UK to know that they don’t have to bank with a bank. They can choose a modern mutual instead.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward.
This is the total amount you earn per year
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.