Compliance Senior (Treasury)
This role sits within the Conduct Risk & Compliance Team in Treasury Operations., As a Compliance Manager you will be responsible for managing and overseeing critical controls and for enabling a good conduct culture across Treasury. You’ll work closely with other teams in Treasury Operations and Treasury Front Office to provide support, guidance and advice in relation to Financial Crime and Wholesale Conduct requirements and to operate and monitor critical Treasury controls.
This is a great opportunity join a proactive compliance team operating within a fast-moving environment. You will play a key role in continuing to build a strong compliance function that provides clear and accurate guidance and advice to colleagues. Accurate and robust compliance assurance to Senior Managers to demonstrate that Treasury risk is being managed and that controls and procedures are being operated effectively.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone. You’ll need to work in your local hub at least one occasion each week.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting regulatory compliance across Treasury and building key SME knowledge to provide support and assurance across a number of key Treasury risks.
- Onboarding, monitoring and risk assessing Treasury counterparties to ensure compliance with Anti-Money Laundering regulations and Counter-Terrorist Financing and Bribery & Corruption requirements.
- Producing comprehensive and accurate analysis in a timely manner to highlight issues and potential concerns to Senior Management.
- Monitor and maintain wholesale conduct risk policies and procedures to ensure these meet the recognised standard and remain fit for purpose.
- Carrying out recurring compliance monitoring checks to ensure continued compliance with operational and regulatory requirements.
- Implementing key projects designed to strengthen the risk and control profile within Treasury.
- Identify and develop key stakeholder relationships, ensuring strong communication is established to support delivery of business objectives.
- Taking a leading role on delivering internal and external reviews required.
- Identifying and driving efficiencies and automation opportunities within Treasury Operations.
- Strong experience in financial services/banking within a compliance
- Experience and knowledge of legislation and regulations applicable to one or more of the following - Treasury including Money Laundering Regulations, Market Abuse Regulation, the Sanctions Regime, MiFID II or MiFIR
- An analytical and curious mindset and a passion for acquiring and sharing knowledge and experience with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Good stakeholder management and the ability to communicate effectively and to provide constructive advice and challenge to colleagues and Senior Management.
- A great work ethic and the ability to prioritise competing requirements to ensure Treasury’s compliance and control environment is maintained to a high standard.
Our Customer First behaviours are all about putting customers and members at the heart of how we work together. You can strengthen your application by showing the behaviours that resonate with you, and how you might have already demonstrated these.
- Say it straight - This is about being honest and direct with good intent and saying what needs to be said in the room. It’s also about being clear, precise, and using language that we and, importantly, our customers and members can understand.
- Push for better - This is about aiming high and constantly looking for better in how we work together and serve our customers and members.
- Get it done - This is about prioritising what will have the greatest impact, being decisive and taking accountability for delivering on the end-to-end outcome.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Gympass – Access to a range of free and paid options for health and wellness.
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scale to compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a building society, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have their current account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do things differently to deliver our Purpose – Banking – but fairer, more rewarding, and for the good of society.
When you work at Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be part of a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding career experiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match. You’ll also be joining us at an important time as we seek to reach more and more people in the UK. We want everyone in the UK to know that they don’t have to bank with a bank. They can choose a modern mutual instead.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward.
This is the total amount you earn per year
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.