Data Audit Senior
We have an opportunity for an Audit Senior to join our award-winning team as an Enterprise Data auditor. You will use your knowledge of data regulations, such as GDPR and BCBS, and data operations to deliver high quality, impactful audit reports, under the direction and mentorship of our Data Audit Managers.
In return you will be given the opportunity to develop both technical data knowledge and audit specific experience at a time when Nationwide Building Society is looking to rapidly increase its data capabilities and tools.
If you have good analytical and problem-solving skills, have the influencing skills to make improvements happen and a proven ability to deliver challenging pieces of work, why not come and join our friendly and highly professional Internal Audit team?
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working in our Chief Operating Office (COO) audit team to identify risks, test controls, and support the delivery of data related audits. Using your communication and influencing skills, you will present your observations and findings to other audit team members and audit management to agree the actions required.
We use flexible auditing techniques to support efficient delivery of audits, maximise the value of audit work and build effective relationships with stakeholders. Your analytical skills will be used in spotting areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work, whilst your influencing skills will be called into action in presenting these potential improvements to Internal Audit’s senior leadership team.
As a minimum, you will have:
- Experience of delivering audit deliverables to a high quality and to confirm that audit principles and methodology requirements have been met.
- Experience of producing clear, comprehensive and concise documentation which will support your audit work.
- Experience of utilising data analytics to perform audits or other enterprise roles.
- Experience of managing or auditing data throughout its lifecycle, including understanding of data quality, lineage, master data management, risk and controls, and should be aware of the relevant legislative and regulatory environment.
- Be a great team player and work effectively on your own or with colleagues to deliver a variety of audits to a high quality, in accordance with agreed scope and in line with audit methodology.
- Developed and maintained professional business relationships during audits and business engagement activities with key business contacts.
- Good communication and influencing skills at various levels including the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Good analytical, organisational and problem-solving skills.
It would be desirable, but not essential to also have:
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g ACA. ACCA. ACT. CIIA, CISA), or working towards one.
- Experience in a financial services environment.
Our Customer First behaviours are all about putting customers and members at the heart of how we work together. You can strengthen your application by showing the behaviours that resonate with you, and how you might have already demonstrated these.
- Say it straight - This is about being honest and direct with good intent and saying what needs to be said in the room. It’s also about being clear, precise, and using language that we and, importantly, our customers and members can understand.
- Push for better - This is about aiming high and constantly looking for better in how we work together and serve our customers and members.
- Get it done - This is about prioritising what will have the greatest impact, being decisive and taking accountability for delivering on the end-to-end outcome.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- Gympass – Access to a range of free and paid options for health and wellness
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
What makes us different
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scale to compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a building society, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have their current account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do things differently to deliver our Purpose – Banking – but fairer, more rewarding, and for the good of society.
When you work at Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be part of a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding career experiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match. You’ll also be joining us at an important time as we seek to reach more and more people in the UK. We want everyone in the UK to know that they don’t have to bank with a bank. They can choose a modern mutual instead.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward.
This is the total amount you earn per year
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.