Risk Analyst (Risk Systems Engineer)
As a Risk Systems Engineer, you’ll have a key role in shaping techncial solutions that meet our credit risk business requirements. You’ll also develop and implement code inline with industry standards on our risk behavioural systems to deliver business outcomes. You’ll be part of our close working Systems team, working alongside engineers with a range of experience.
The role is within our Risk Function which is responsible for managing Nationwide’s financial risk controls.
This role is within the Credit Risk Systems team, who are responsible for developing and maintaining our latest generation of decision systems that will underpin all our consumer credit risk business strategies that manage how we lend to both new and existing members.
At Nationwide we offer hybrid working wherever possible. More rewarding relationships are supported through our hybrid approach, bringing colleagues together across our UK wide estate, whilst also supporting generous access to home working. We value our time in the office to solve problems, to learn, and to feel connected.
For this job you'll spend at least two days per week, or if part time you'll spend 40% of your working time, at our Swindon office. If your application is successful, your hiring manager will provide further details on how this works. You can also find out more about our approach to hybrid working here.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Working across both our secured and unsecured lending products you will be responsible for designing solutions that achieve our business stakeholder’s objectives where you will then build and test code using our specialised software and tools on our Fair Isaacs TRIAD and Decision Modeler Platform before overseeing the live deployment. You will do this by adhering to our robust change and control framework and our agile methodology.
You will also be part of a team that develops and maintains our systems and also coordinate both internal and third-party technical queries and live incidents through to an agreed resolution.
Throughout all of this, you will be developing and building both your technical and stakeholder management skills.
- Ideally have experience in coding languages, such as Java, C# or SQL.
- Have an analytical mind, an excellent eye for detail with a methodical approach and a background of working in a structured way.
- Be numerate and technically minded with strong PC skills and a desire to learn how to write clear, accurate and robust code to defined standards.
- Have good verbal and written skills, comfortable with discussions both on a business and a technical level.
- Be self-motivated, keen to learn new skills and driven to develop yourself.
Our Customer First behaviours are all about putting customers and members at the heart of how we work together. You can strengthen your application by showing the behaviours that resonate with you, and how you might have already demonstrated these.
- Say it straight - This is about being honest and direct with good intent and saying what needs to be said in the room. It’s also about being clear, precise, and using language that we and, importantly, our customers and members can understand.
- Push for better - This is about aiming high and constantly looking for better in how we work together and serve our customers and members.
- Get it done - This is about prioritising what will have the greatest impact, being decisive and taking accountability for delivering on the end-to-end outcome.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- Gympass – Access to a range of free and paid options for health and wellness
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
What makes us different
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scale to compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a building society, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have their current account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do things differently to deliver our Purpose – Banking – but fairer, more rewarding, and for the good of society.
When you work at Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be part of a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding career experiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match. You’ll also be joining us at an important time as we seek to reach more and more people in the UK. We want everyone in the UK to know that they don’t have to bank with a bank. They can choose a modern mutual instead.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward.
This is the total amount you earn per year
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.