Audit Senior (Third Party Risk)
We have an opportunity for an Audit Senior to join our award-winning team. You will use your knowledge of third party risk to deliver high quality, impactful audit reports, as part of our Chief Operating Office audit team. In return you will be given the opportunity to develop knowledge about the operations of a customer-focused financial services organisation and develop your career in Audit.
If you have good analytical and problem-solving skills, have the influencing skills to make improvements happen and a proven ability to deliver challenging pieces of work in tight timescales, why not come and join our friendly and highly professional Internal Audit team?
Why Internal Audit:
Internal Audit are a 100+ strong function with backgrounds in everything from Financial Crime and Compliance to IT and Retail. We use our expertise, critical thinking, and experience to complete internal audits across the whole Society.
We work in a fast paced, customer-focused, and friendly environment and have an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
At Nationwide we offer hybrid working wherever possible. More rewarding relationships are supported through our hybrid approach, bringing colleagues together across our UK wide estate, whilst also supporting generous access to home working. We value our time in the office to solve problems, to learn, and to feel connected.
For this job you'll spend at least two days per week, or if part time you'll spend 40% of your working time, at one of our offices. If your application is successful, your hiring manager will provide further details on how this works. You can also find out more about our approach to hybrid working here.
You will be expected to work from one of our admin centres twice per week.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working in our Chief Operating Office delivery team to identify third party risks, test controls, and support the delivery of important audits to a high standard. Using your communication and influencing skills, you will present your observations and findings to other audit team members and audit management to agree the actions required.
We use flexible auditing techniques to support the efficient delivery of audits, maximise the value of audit work and build effective relationships with stakeholders. Your analytical skills will be used in spotting areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work, whilst your influencing skills will be called into action in presenting these potential improvements to Internal Audit’s senior leadership team.
The ideal candidate will have an audit background or be currently working in the first- or second-line risk and controls function.
As a minimum, you will have:
- Good understanding of third party risk and controls, including procurement and post contract oversight and monitoring of third parties.
- You will be familiar with third party risks and/or directly auditing third parties, alongside having experience of auditing end-to-end business processes, ideally within a financial services environment.
- Knowledge of the PRA’s third party policy statements.
- Be a great team player and work effectively on your own or with colleagues to deliver a variety of audits to a high quality, in accordance with agreed scope and in line with audit methodology.
- An ability to identify and assess the input, processing and output risks and controls (both manual and automated) for a given business process.
- Experience of producing clear, comprehensive, and concise documentation which will support your audit work.
- Previous experience of documenting and evaluating the information flow within a business process.
- Strong influencing skills at various levels including the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Good analytical, organisational, and problem-solving skills.
It would be desirable, but not essential to also have:
- A relevant professional audit qualification (e.g ACA. ACCA. ACT. CIIA, CISA), or working towards one.
- An understanding of Operational Resilience, it’s importance in third parties, alongside audit experience.
Our Customer First behaviours are all about putting customers and members at the heart of how we work together. You can strengthen your application by showing the behaviours that resonate with you, and how you might have already demonstrated these.
- Say it straight - This is about being honest and direct with good intent and saying what needs to be said in the room. It’s also about being clear, precise, and using language that we and, importantly, our customers and members can understand.
- Push for better - This is about aiming high and constantly looking for better in how we work together and serve our customers and members.
- Get it done - This is about prioritising what will have the greatest impact, being decisive and taking accountability for delivering on the end-to-end outcome.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Gympass – Access to a range of free and paid options for health and wellness.
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
What makes us different
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scale to compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a building society, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have their current account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do things differently to deliver our Purpose – Banking – but fairer, more rewarding, and for the good of society.
When you work at Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be part of a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding career experiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match. You’ll also be joining us at an important time as we seek to reach more and more people in the UK. We want everyone in the UK to know that they don’t have to bank with a bank. They can choose a modern mutual instead.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up-to-date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward.
This is the total amount you earn per year
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.