Senior Risk Partnering Consultant (Economic Crime Strategy)
As a Risk & Control Partner within Economic Crime Strategy, you will be a critical part within the Protect function, providing expert guidance and support across our retail and ‘non-retail’ business areas.
The role deals with a captivating subject matter and works to keep the Society and our members safe by providing expertise and guidance to those detecting and preventing money laundering, terrorism financing, sanctions contravention, fraud, bribery, corruption and corporate facilitation of tax evasion.
You’ll be part of the Economic Crime Strategy Team in Nationwide’s first line of defence, helping to ensure that an effective Economic Crime risk control framework is in place.
This will involve working with colleagues across our retail and ‘non-retail’ areas supporting the business in protecting Nationwide from financial crime.
At Nationwide we offer hybrid working wherever possible. More rewarding relationships are supported through our hybrid approach, bringing colleagues together across our UK wide estate, whilst also supporting generous access to home working. We value our time in the office to solve problems, to learn, and to feel connected.
For this job you'll spend at least two days per week, or if part time you'll spend 40% of your working time, at one of our offices. If your application is successful, your hiring manager will provide further details on how this works. You can also find out more about our approach to hybrid working here.
You will be expected to work from either;- London, Swindon, Northampton, Bournemouth, Wakefield, Scotland or Sheffield twice per week.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work to deliver Risk and Control services to the product/business areas within Retail, providing relevant subject matter expertise, objective advice, and actionable insight to 1LOD Business areas. This will help them to better understand their Economic Crime risks and control environment, improve their control environment in order to manage the Society’s Economic Crime risk profile within stated risk appetite and help to deliver good member outcomes
You will be part of the of the Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Economic Crime risk management, building effective relationships across the First Line to foster a ‘collaborative’ culture, working together and breaking down siloes in order to deliver ‘best in class’ support
You will act as a role model for collaboration, working with key stakeholders to support the management of Economic Crime risk and control within Protect.
- Proven experience of making effective risk-based decisions.
- Experience of working in a financial crime environment across retail and non-retail business areas
- Demonstrable relevant industry experience and knowledge of associated regulatory requirements
- Proven ability to demonstrate decisiveness and sound judgement on a consistent basis
- Proven negotiating, facilitation and influencing skills
- Proven ability to work across all levels of the organisation and form effective professional relationships
- Extensive knowledge of Governance, Risk and Compliance frameworks and controls to support regulatory compliance
- Analysis, interpretation, and application of regulatory requirements
- Provide SME expertise, advise and guidance on Economic Crime Risk and issues
- Experience of managing and influencing key stakeholders
It would be nice if you also had:
- Industry standard risk management/compliance qualification or a willingness to work towards this
- Relevant technical / professional qualification experience
Our Customer First behaviours are all about putting customers and members at the heart of how we work together. You can strengthen your application by showing the behaviours that resonate with you, and how you might have already demonstrated these.
- Say it straight - This is about being honest and direct with good intent and saying what needs to be said in the room. It’s also about being clear, precise, and using language that we and, importantly, our customers and members can understand.
- Push for better - This is about aiming high and constantly looking for better in how we work together and serve our customers and members.
- Get it done - This is about prioritising what will have the greatest impact, being decisive and taking accountability for delivering on the end-to-end outcome.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Gympass – Access to a range of free and paid options for health and wellness.
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
What makes us different
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scale to compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a building society, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have their current account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do things differently to deliver our Purpose – Banking – but fairer, more rewarding, and for the good of society.
When you work at Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be part of a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding career experiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match. You’ll also be joining us at an important time as we seek to reach more and more people in the UK. We want everyone in the UK to know that they don’t have to bank with a bank. They can choose a modern mutual instead.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up-to-date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward.
This is the total amount you earn per year
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.