Personalisation Contact Strategy and Decisioning Manager
We are passionate about creating and delivering personalised interactions that our customers love and that deliver the best possible outcomes for our customers making banking fairer, more rewarding and for the good of Society.
To achieve this, we are on an exciting journey to redefine our marketing personalisation strategy which will ensure we drive an increase in customer satisfaction, member financial benefit and commercial growth. It’s an exciting time to join the team as we are embarking on a significant uplift in our capability with a multiyear programme of investment in people, data and technology to support the delivery of our new strategy.
As part of this investment, we have a number of new roles including this exciting and important role within the Customer, Brand and Engagement (CB&E) function. This role specifically sits within the ‘Personalisation and Performance team’ and you’ll be working for our Senior Manager in the Personalisation Strategy and Decisioning team.
You’ll also support the development and embedding of our overall Customer Contact Strategy ensuring the wider Personalisation and Performance team is creating and delivering personalised, relevant, timely and effective interactions with our customers at the heart. A crucial part of this is the configuration, run & maintenance our central decisioning capability to achieve Society goals with the sophistication and complexity growing in line with the uplift in our data and tech capability.
At Nationwide we offer hybrid working wherever possible. More rewarding relationships are supported through our hybrid approach, bringing colleagues together across our UK wide estate, whilst also supporting generous access to home working. We value our time in the office to solve problems, to learn, and to feel connected.
For this job you'll spend at least two days per week, or if part time you'll spend 40% of your working time, at one of our offices. If your application is successful, your hiring manager will provide further details on how this works. You can also find out more about our approach to hybrid working here.
This role requires you to travel to our offices in Swindon London or Bournemouth two days a week.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Supporting the Senior Manager, Contact Strategy and Decisioning and working with an emerging and evolving team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting how we configure, run & maintain our central decisioning capability which will ensure we are able to effectively arbitrate the personalised interactions our customers receive across all channels, with continuous optimisation and improvement.
- Development of the ‘Customer Contact Strategy’ and then working with the rest of the Performance and Personalisation team to embed these principles which will ensure the teams are creating and delivering personalised, multi-channel, relevant, timely and effective interactions.
- This will include short term improvements in what and how we create and deliver personalised interactions today. As well as the longer term running of our centralised decisioning and personalisation real time engine. This will involve deploying advanced analytics and machine learning for next best engagement decisioning.
- You will need to build effective working relationships across the Performance & Personalisation team to ensure that our personalisation strategy and execution is aligned.
- You will support the Senior Manager in holding regular stand ups, planning and prioritisation sessions, co-creation workshops and townhalls which will ensure pace and progress. You will also support the Senior Manager in assessing progress against outcomes and delivery milestones to ensure progress in a timely and efficient way.
- You will need to work effectively and collaboratively in a matrix set up with colleagues together across the Personalisation and Performance team as well as other areas such as our Data and Analytics and Technology and Platforms teams.
You will be an experienced marketing and communications professional and ideally you will also bring a broad range of experience from a financial services background with the following:
- Experience of working in a range of marketing personalisation roles ideally in financial services developing and delivering a Customer Contact Strategy and working with other areas to implement and embed the Contact Strategy.
- Specific experience of how a real time decisioning and personalisation solution supports a personalisation and next best outcome strategy.
- Experience in how to deploy advanced analytics and machine learning for next best engagement decisioning personalising both communications and the broader experience for customers.
- Experienced at understanding, analysing and interpreting complex data and insight to inform strategy and decision making, with excellent commercial acumen and a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent planning & organisational skills and ability to manage a breadth of multiple competing priorities and deliverables with a history of excellent decision making and critical thinking.
- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- A proactive, collaborative and solution-oriented approach
- Creative mindset, a passion to innovate and ability to test & learn and challenge the status quo
Our Customer First behaviours are all about putting customers and members at the heart of how we work together. You can strengthen your application by showing the behaviours that resonate with you, and how you might have already demonstrated these.
- Say it straight - This is about being honest and direct with good intent and saying what needs to be said in the room. It’s also about being clear, precise, and using language that we and, importantly, our customers and members can understand.
- Push for better - This is about aiming high and constantly looking for better in how we work together and serve our customers and members.
- Get it done - This is about prioritising what will have the greatest impact, being decisive and taking accountability for delivering on the end-to-end outcome.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Gympass – Access to a range of free and paid options for health and wellness.
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
What makes us different
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scale to compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a building society, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have their current account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do things differently to deliver our Purpose – Banking – but fairer, more rewarding, and for the good of society.
When you work at Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be part of a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding career experiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match. You’ll also be joining us at an important time as we seek to reach more and more people in the UK. We want everyone in the UK to know that they don’t have to bank with a bank. They can choose a modern mutual instead.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up-to-date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Please note that should you be successful in securing this role the job title on our internal systems will be Marketing and Corporate Affairs Manager
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward.
This is the total amount you earn per year
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.