Senior Analyst – Database Marketing
Our Database Marketing team are pivotal to the success of our member 1-2-1 communications working closely with our Planning, Creative and Performance team. We are recruiting for Senior Analysts to play a critical role in designing and delivering campaigns as well as be experts in channels. Enabling us to make the most of our different channels; email, mail, internet bank prompts, SMS, to support the member engagement strategy and allow us to deliver against Society KPIs.
Reporting into the Database Marketing Manager you will deliver our 1-2-1 communications including marketing, research, pro-active service and incident communications by using our campaign selection tools.
This is an interesting and varied role in a busy team and will enable you to get involved in projects which drive value in our marketing activities and help us be more efficient in what we do.
At Nationwide we offer hybrid working wherever possible. More rewarding relationships are supported through our hybrid approach, bringing colleagues together across our UK wide estate, whilst also supporting generous access to home working. We value our time in the office to solve problems, to learn, and to feel connected.
For this job you'll spend at least two days per week, or if part time you'll spend 40% of your working time, at one of our offices. If your application is successful, your hiring manager will provide further details on how this works. You can also find out more about our approach to hybrid working here.
This role requires you to travel to our offices in either London or Swindon 2 days a week.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You will be designing campaign journeys with touchpoints across different channels. Where new data sources are required you will help define these, provide input to campaign planning to understand target volumes, and define precise selection and decisioning criteria.
You will also get hands on with building and checking campaigns within our campaign selection tools. You will be a subject matter expert in a small team and will take accountability for the 1-2-1 communications activity you design and deliver.
As a subject matter expert you will also support the development of others in the team enabling the team to be a Centre of Excellence for interactions design and delivery.
We’re looking for somebody who has
- Significant experience of Unica Campaign including an excellent working knowledge of the typical data sources and processes required for 1-2-1 communications.
- Experience of 1-2-1 campaign builds, including batch and journey processes, in Unica across different channels, including mail, email, Mobile Banking/Banking App.
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced campaign environment.
- Analytics experience and working with a broad range of data sources to produce and present indicative numbers for a non-technical audience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Data Protection Legislation e.g., UK GDPR and PECR and how it applies for marketing communications including how data is governed, retained and reconciled.
- Numeracy and critical thinking: you can quickly impact assess complex project requirements and work with stakeholders to find effective solutions. Able to pay attention to the detail alongside the bigger picture.
- A good communicator and influencer with the ability to support complex change projects and realise opportunities to drive further improvements into the team.
- Experience of managing and influencing internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to manage and own multiple competing priorities and deliverables. Able to work within a well governed environment and optimise processes.
- Proactive and empowered to make decisions within a framework. Resilient in your approach and to work under pressure. You can overcome setbacks and have a solution focused mindset.
- Financial Sector experience is desirable but not essential.
Our Customer First behaviours are all about putting customers and members at the heart of how we work together. You can strengthen your application by showing the behaviours that resonate with you, and how you might have already demonstrated these.
- Say it straight - This is about being honest and direct with good intent and saying what needs to be said in the room. It’s also about being clear, precise, and using language that we and, importantly, our customers and members can understand.
- Push for better - This is about aiming high and constantly looking for better in how we work together and serve our customers and members.
- Get it done - This is about prioritising what will have the greatest impact, being decisive and taking accountability for delivering on the end-to-end outcome.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Gympass – Access to a range of free and paid options for health and wellness.
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
What makes us different
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scale to compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a building society, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have their current account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do things differently to deliver our Purpose – Banking – but fairer, more rewarding, and for the good of society.
When you work at Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be part of a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding career experiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match. You’ll also be joining us at an important time as we seek to reach more and more people in the UK. We want everyone in the UK to know that they don’t have to bank with a bank. They can choose a modern mutual instead.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up-to-date CV and answer a few quick questions for us. We’d also like to see a portfolio of some of your work.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application. If it’s already been defined please provide an overview of the assessment process and a timeline of when assessments will be.
Please note that should you be successful in securing this role the job title on our internal systems will be Senior iCRM Analyst
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward.
This is the total amount you earn per year
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.