Associate Relationship Manager
We are looking for an Associate Relationship Manager to join the Business Savings team.
Your role will be to build, develop and maintain B2B relationships with corporate clients (turnover £10m-£45m) in order to secure deposits into Nationwide’s Business Savings product range. This will support the achievement of Society funding objectives and support the ongoing diversification of funding strategy.
At Nationwide we offer hybrid working wherever possible. More rewarding relationships are supported through our hybrid approach, bringing colleagues together across our UK wide estate, whilst also supporting generous access to home working. We value our time in the office to solve problems, to learn, and to feel connected.
For this job you'll spend at least two days per week, or if part time you'll spend 40% of your working time, at one of our offices. If your application is successful, your hiring manager will provide further details on how this works. You can also find out more about our approach to hybrid working here.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
- Use knowledge of commercial operations and corporate deposit products alongside expertise in sales and business to business (B2B) relationship management to drive Business Savings deposit growth through development of new and existing medium-sized corporate customer relationships
- Facilitate lead generation through research, provision of data and quality checking for third-party lead generation company and ongoing communication with them, as well as Nationwide’s product and marketing teams to support prospecting strategy development and delivery
- Lead prospecting and sales conversations with senior business officials (e.g. Finance Directors, Treasurers) at medium-sized corporates (£10m-£45m annual turnover), using sector knowledge and engagement skills to promote and achieve sale of Nationwide’s Business Savings products
- Deliver legendary service to prospective customers by supporting with onboarding process, including initial engagement, application and working with Operations and Risk to ensure compliance with AML/KYC requirements, including assessment of complex corporate structures
- Accountable for own portfolio of corporate customers, delivering legendary service to existing customers by maintaining appropriate levels of contact, understanding their needs and providing support for queries or transactions required and manage any customer complaints through to conclusion or escalation
- Support continuous improvement by providing ideas and input into identification, implementation and testing of changes to improve the customer journey and aid process efficiency and business growth, including new product development ideas
- Maintain a clear record of customer interactions on team sales management system to facilitate collation of performance data, customer insight, feedback and personal development evaluation
Ideally you will have
- Experience in B2B sales and relationship management within a financial services environment
- Detailed understanding of AML/KYC within a commercial B2B team
- Ideally you will have system knowledge of NOS
- Subject matter expertise in corporate deposit product offerings
- Thorough understanding of the commercial operation of businesses and what key factors influence deposit needs
- Knowledge and understanding of competitor activity and the potential impacts on Nationwide Business Savings
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of influencing and negotiating with senior stakeholders both internally and externally, including senior finance professionals at corporate companies (e.g. Financial Directors, Treasurers, Managing Directors)
- Experience in third party supplier management
Desirable would be to have
- A finance related professional qualification or equivalent would be desirable
Our Customer First behaviours are all about putting customers and members at the heart of how we work together. You can strengthen your application by showing the behaviours that resonate with you, and how you might have already demonstrated these.
- Say it straight - This is about being honest and direct with good intent and saying what needs to be said in the room. It’s also about being clear, precise, and using language that we and, importantly, our customers and members can understand.
- Push for better - This is about aiming high and constantly looking for better in how we work together and serve our customers and members.
- Get it done - This is about prioritising what will have the greatest impact, being decisive and taking accountability for delivering on the end-to-end outcome.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Gympass – Access to a range of free and paid options for health and wellness.
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
What makes us different
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scale to compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a building society, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have their current account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do things differently to deliver our Purpose – Banking – but fairer, more rewarding, and for the good of society.
When you work at Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be part of a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding career experiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match. You’ll also be joining us at an important time as we seek to reach more and more people in the UK. We want everyone in the UK to know that they don’t have to bank with a bank. They can choose a modern mutual instead.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward.
This is the total amount you earn per year
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.