Senior Property Risk Officer, 12 month FTC
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Property Risk Officer to join the Later Life Lending team. The role will involve providing specialist support on the review and decision making process for our Later Life Lending products. We are a proactive department and concentrate on risk forecasting and mitigation in addition to providing operational and specialist support for the Society.
At Nationwide we offer hybrid working wherever possible. More rewarding relationships are supported through our hybrid approach, bringing colleagues together across our UK wide estate, whilst also supporting generous access to home working. We value our time in the office to solve problems, to learn, and to feel connected.
For this job you'll spend at least two days per week, or if part time you'll spend 40% of your working time at our Bournemouth office. If your application is successful, your hiring manager will provide further details on how this works. You can also find out more about our approach to hybrid working here.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working with an already established team, completing the Property Risk processes and operational requirements to support existing Later Life customers in servicing their accounts with further transactions. The role will be crucial in assessing properties against lending requirements, in addition to having responsibility for raising any potential risks in both practical and theoretical terms. You’ll be assisting with making lending decisions and recommendations based upon both own investigations and information provided through our Valuer network.
You’ll also be:
- Demonstrating a high level of product and process knowledge, as appropriate to the Operational Area
- Committing to a continuous improvement culture through participation in team meetings, interaction with the team and its line management and generation of ideas for improving processes.
- Utilising specialist knowledge to assist with valuation related queries from all levels within Property Risk
- Working with both internal colleagues and external Service Providers in various capacities
- Assisting with the production of regular MI reporting
As a minimum you’ll need to:
- Have a proven understanding of the mortgage application “end to end” process
- Have a good understanding of the property market
- Have a high level of attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Have the ability to build and maintain working relationships both internally and externally
- Have excellent written and verbal communications with an ability to accurately present information over various platforms (i.e. skilled in use of Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
It would be desirable if you had;
- Experience with working in line with Property Policy guidelines
- Understanding of the Conveyancing process
- Knowledge and understanding of audit and compliance frameworks
Our Customer First behaviours are all about putting customers and members at the heart of how we work together. You can strengthen your application by showing the behaviours that resonate with you, and how you might have already demonstrated these.
- Say it straight - This is about being honest and direct with good intent and saying what needs to be said in the room. It’s also about being clear, precise, and using language that we and, importantly, our customers and members can understand.
- Push for better - This is about aiming high and constantly looking for better in how we work together and serve our customers and members.
- Get it done - This is about prioritising what will have the greatest impact, being decisive and taking accountability for delivering on the end-to-end outcome.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- Gympass – Access to a range of free and paid options for health and wellness.
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
What makes us different
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scale to compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a building society, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have their current account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do things differently to deliver our Purpose – Banking – but fairer, more rewarding, and for the good of society.
When you work at Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be part of a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding career experiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match. You’ll also be joining us at an important time as we seek to reach more and more people in the UK. We want everyone in the UK to know that they don’t have to bank with a bank. They can choose a modern mutual instead.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward.
This is the total amount you earn per year
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.