Senior Branch Manager - Sheffield
Senior Branch Manager - Sheffield
- Location: South Yorkshire, Yorkshire and the Humber
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00BN02402
- Closing Date: 24 July 2019
- A Senior Branch Manager for our Sheffield branch
- £42,370 - £61,201 (depending on experience) per year on a full-time contract.
- Competitive benefits package including company car or allowance of £388 monthly
- Send in your application by 24th July 2019
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
You’ll be in charge of one of our largest branches in a key location. If you’ve already proved your worth in a high-profile retail role, motivating people, improving performance and delivering a fantastic customer service – this is your opportunity to show what you can do.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Passionate about providing customers with an excellent customer service
- Able to succeed in meeting challenging service benchmarks, making sure all operational and regulatory risks are effectively managed
- An inspiring people manager with the proven ability to bring out the best in a team through extensive management experience
- Focused on performance management, utilizing your coaching and development skills to add increased value to Nationwide and our members
It would be nice if you also had:
- Previous experience as a branch manager in a retail environment
What you'll be doing
Working in a customer-led culture where all members are provided with the products and services that they need, you’ll make sure all regulatory & operational risk requirements are adhered to. Through effective leadership and guidance you’ll supervise, coach and develop branch staff to deliver their objectives, embedding a culture of continuous improvement in how to deliver the best customer service.
Acting as a role model for our vision and values you’ll share best practice on good customer outcomes both within your branch team as well as within your district / region, always looking to deepen relationships with members and build trust.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.