- Location: Derbyshire, East Midlands
- Salary: £17,000 - £23,158
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00BN02485
- Closing Date: 30 August 2019
• A Member Representative for our branch in Heanor, Derbyshire
• £17,000 – £23,158 pro rata depending on experience plus lots of extra benefits
• 12 Month fixed Term Contract, Part Time 17 hours per week (Monday, Tuesday 9-5 and Saturday 9-12pm)
• Our interview dates are likely to be 13th September 2019
At Nationwide, our members are at the heart of everything we do. As a Member Representative, you’ll be the face of the Society and responsible for providing first class, friendly and knowledgeable service for every member that walks through our doors.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, someone who will always put our members’ interest first.
You will also be:
• A great listener, sociable and enjoy communicating with people.
• Someone who enjoys building relationships, a team player and can be empathetic.
• Computer literate, so you can use some of our digital tools and systems to support our members.
• A problem solver who loves a bit of a challenge.
• Aware of financial products, such as a current account, personal loans and credit cards. Don’t worry - We’ll train you on our fantastic, market leading products.
What you'll be doing
You’ll help us to support our members’ needs by taking ownership of their queries and build relationships.
We’ll give you all the training you need to set you up for a successful journey with us. You’ll find yourself learning about us and the way we look after our members by shadowing existing colleagues and spending time in our virtual classrooms. Once trained, you’ll find yourself;
• Confidently meeting and greeting our members in the branch foyer, pointing them in the right direction, or responding to their questions.
• Getting to know the members, understanding their needs and building relationships in order to deliver the legendary service we’re known for.
• Helping our members with their money, you’ll describe key features, benefits and recommend the most suitable products and services for their financial needs.
• Talking to different people and handling lots of different types of conversations, from taking ownership of answering simple questions to handling complex problems.
• Making sure you manage daily tasks efficiently, ensuring you’re doing the right thing in the right way when interacting with our members.
• Being an advocate of the local community where you live, demonstrating our core values of PRIDE and focusing on being up to speed with your product knowledge and initiatives to support our members.
The extras you'll get
For helping us do the right thing for our members, you’ll get:
• 24 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday.
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Life Assurance worth 8x your salary
• Training to help you progress and develop your skills and career aspirations
We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
We’re building our Society with a sense of community and the collective belief that we’re here to help, and we can make a notable difference.
As well as putting everything in place to help you enjoy a great work/life balance, you’ll have the support to achieve your career goals, work in an environment where you can have a voice and have access to lifestyle rewards that make life better. Help us build on our values and we’ll help you build an amazing career.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
To get working for the world’s largest building society, all you need to do is complete our online application, where you’ll be asked to upload your CV and answer 2 customer service questions.
Should you meet our person profile, you will be invited for a telephone interview followed by a face to face interview in branch, so you can get a really good idea of what we are like to work for.
Best of luck in your application!