Personal Banking Manager
Personal Banking Manager
- Location: Leicestershire, East Midlands
- Salary: £17,682 - £25,541
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00BN02599
- Closing Date: 19 September 2019
- A Personal Banking Manager for our branch in Leicester and surrounding area, Leicestershire
- Part Time 24 hours per week including Saturdays 9-3
- £17,682–£25,541 Pro Rata a year on a full-time contract, plus benefits.
- Send in your application by 19th September
You’ll be responsible for building relationships with customers on a one-to-one basis. You’ll take time to find out their needs and provide a solution from our wide range of products and services. You’ll need to provide face to face and telephone-based customer service. The aim of the role is to help customers build a secure and beneficial financial future.
Who we're looking for
You don’t need any direct experience in the financial services – but you will need experience in an account management or an in-depth customer service role.
You’ll need to have:
- An interest in people and building rapport quickly
- Plenty of drive and commitment.
- Confidence and be able to speak to lots of different types of people in any situation
- Enthusiasm about working as part of a team.
As a minimum requirement you'll:
- have previous experience in financial services or retail customer-facing roles.
- have numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to GCSE grade C or NVQ II standard.
- have previous experience focusing on customer outcomes from in-depth customer interactions.
- be inquisitive, outgoing and empathetic.
- be aware of financial services compliance rules and regulations.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Previous experience in a similar account management or in-depth customer handling position.
What you'll be doing
Working on the branch floor, you’ll be banking hall and office-based. You’ll need to have the confidence to build relationships with people that expect a wide knowledge of financial services. You’ll be comfortable in answering a simple question to handling a complex problem.
You’ll stay enthusiastic, calm and polite. You’ll share your in depth knowledge of our products and services with our customers, ensuring they have all the information they need to make the right choice.
You’ll sometimes work on your own, but you’ll mostly work with colleagues, supporting each other to help customers. You’ll have to be able to spot opportunities to help our customers. You’ll need to know the ins and outs of all our products and services and how to work our computer systems and processes, but we’ll train you in that.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.