Member Representative - Reading Area
Member Representative - Reading Area
- Location: Oxfordshire, South East England
- Salary: £17,000 - £23,158
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00BN02687
- Closing Date: 29 November 2019
• A Member Representative for our branch in Reading Area
• £17,000 – £23,158 depending on experience plus lots of extra benefits
• Permanent, 35 hours per week, Monday to Saturday
• Our interview dates are likely to be 11th December 2019
You’ll be the face of the Society and responsible for providing a first class, friendly and knowledgeable service for everyone who walks through our doors. That means taking ownership of their queries and building strong relationships. You’ll help our members with their money by understanding their needs and pointing them towards the right products or services.
Who we're looking for
We’re not just looking for your experience and skills. We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people and so we want our employees to be just as diverse
At Nationwide, our members are at the heart of everything we do so we are looking for a great listener, someone who is sociable and enjoys communicating with people.
Are you someone who likes to solve problems and loves a bit of a challenge, a team player and someone who can be empathetic? These are all great qualities that would be a perfect match for the Member Representative role.
It would be great if you are aware of financial products, such as a current accounts, personal loans and credit cards. However, don’t worry - we’ll train you on our fantastic, market leading products.
What you'll be doing
We’ll give you all the training you need to set you up for a successful career with us. You’ll learn about Nationwide and the way we look after our members by shadowing colleagues and spending time in our virtual classrooms. Once trained, you’ll be;
• Confidently meeting and greeting our members in the branch, pointing them in the right direction, or responding to their questions
• Getting to know the members, understanding their needs and building relationships in order to deliver the legendary service we’re known for
• Talking to different people, having lots of different types of conversations, from taking ownership of answering simple questions to handling complex problems
• Making sure you manage daily tasks efficiently, ensuring you’re doing the right thing in the right way for our members
• keeping up to speed with product knowledge and initiatives to support our members.
The extras you'll get
There are all sorts of benefits, including: or For helping us do the right thing for our members, you’ll get:
- a personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we’ll top up by a further 16%)
- up to two days of paid volunteering a year
- buying or selling holiday (25 days holiday?)
- the chance to buy things like dental cover or childcare vouchers for you and your family.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer two customer service questions.
If we seem like a good match, , you will be invited for a telephone interview followed by an interview in branch, so you can get a really good idea of what it’s like to work here. Best of luck in your application!