- Location: Surrey, South East England
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00BN03118
- Closing Date: 29 January 2020
You’ll be responsible for making sure the customer experience in your branch is the best on the high street. Your leadership skills and keen commercial mind will get the best results from your team.
We need a Branch Manager for our branch in Richmond, Surrey.
This role is Full Time, 35 hours per week, Monday to Saturday.
Our interview dates are likely to be 7th February 2020.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Be able to take control of your branch and lead your people, whilst meeting FCA standards and delivering top notch customer service and creating positive outcomes.
- Have experience of managing people and working in a busy retail environment. Leading by example.
- Be able to monitor and explore branch activity to spot opportunities and make your customers better off.
- Be resilient, versatile and flexible, to be able to prioritise effectively and deal with ever-changing requests.
- Have a commercial understanding, with knowledge of financial regulations and processes.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Previous experience as a branch manager in a retail environment
What you'll be doing
Working on the branch floor alongside your team, you’ll make sure they are fully trained and performing at their best. You’ll have the confidence to manage a high level of customer expectations and have an in-depth knowledge of all of our products and services. You’ll also be responsible for creating and implementing your branches business plan.
Our branches are always busy, so you’ll have to be organised and able to work quickly while still giving the best service. You’ll have the support of your management team to help with training and guidance. You’ll also need to be able to and use our computer systems and processes. But don’t worry, we’ll train you to do that.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the World’s largest Building Society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies