Member Relationships Director
Member Relationships Director
- Location: Fife and Lothians Area , Edinburgh
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00BN03837
- Closing Date: 04 December 2020
As a Member Relationships Director, you will identify and deliver new opportunities for the area and broader Region through external market insights and networking and cross sector collaboration and engagement. You’ll lead area strategic, performance and management responsibilities and deliver and embed area change initiatives.
You’ll deliver strong performance for the area across a balanced scorecard of measures, whilst nurturing personal development as well as colleagues. This reinforces our commitment to the branch network and positions the Member Relationships Director as our local leaders in the markets we operate in.
We need a Member Relationships Director for the Fife and Lothians Area on a Full-time (35 hours) permanent basis.
What you’ll be doing
Your role will be to deliver Nationwide’s key priorities and strong performance for the area through multi-channel propositions whilst identifying and developing opportunities that support increased service levels for our members. You’ll achieve this by;
Focusing on the member service agenda and complaints management framework for the area and identifying and promoting opportunities for cross-channel and digital optimisation to deliver great member outcomes. In this role, you’ll deepen member relationships through leading the Social Investment plan within the area and positively contributing to the local community in the area.
Pro-actively advocate and be a leader for change at an area level to support the Region to achieve key goals whilst maximising employee engagement and enablement. Collaborating and influencing key stakeholders within the area and Region supporting positive working relationships.
You’ll utilise appropriate risk management methods (conduct and operational) and maintain controls and documentation for your branches to deliver fair member outcomes and ensure operational and conduct risk requirements are achieved.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Experience within People Management and Development
- Operational knowledge of our Branch Network, Contact Centres or Administration Centres
- Proven leadership and management skills, in particular the ability to successfully lead a team remotely
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- The ability to deal with complex issues, manage conflicting priorities and adhere to operational and conduct risk requirements
- Experience of leading and embedding change programmes effectively
- Worked with budgets, monitoring costs whilst meeting FCA regulatory requirements
- Resilience, versatility and flexibility with the ability to prioritise effectively, make effective decisions and deal with ever-changing requests
- The ability to build 360° relationships and influence colleagues, peers and key stakeholders.
The extras you’ll get
For helping us do the right thing for our members, you’ll get:
- a personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we’ll top up by a further 16%)
- up to two days of paid volunteering a year
- buying or selling holiday (25 days holiday)
- the chance to buy things like dental cover for you and your family.
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, Nationwide.