Employee Relations Apprenticeship 2019
Employee Relations Apprenticeship 2019
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: £16,380 - £16,380
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00ET00170
- Closing Date: 31 May 2019
• Location: Nationwide House, Swindon
• Salary: £16,380 annually, plus performance-based bonus and employee benefits
• Permanent, full time contract, working 35-hours per week
• Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship over a period of 3 years
• Start date: 30th September 2019
As an apprentice within our People & Culture community, you’ll learn how our business manages organisation change and employee policies within an interesting, dynamic and fast paced team whilst studying towards a Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship in Human Resources.
This Apprenticeship can lead to further professional development, leadership and specialist roles as well as opening a career path with the world’s largest Building Society. We’re looking to discover talent for the future in this business area through this progressive role.
Please ensure you apply early, due to the popularity of our apprentice schemes we will close roles before the application deadline when sufficient numbers of applications have been reached.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Have achieved a minimum Grade ‘C’/4 in English Language & Mathematics GCSE (or equivalent)
• Pass the online assessments
• Need to have been living in the UK for at least 3 years.
• Be enthusiastic and keen to continuously learn and improve
• Show excellent communication skills (both written & verbal)
• Be a good team player
It would be nice if you also had:
• Strong analytical and administration skills
What you'll be doing
You’ll be doing a real role within the society whilst studying towards a Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship in Human Resources.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to do all the tasks required as a team member and have all the coaching and support that you need to ensure that you are continuously learning and improving in your new job. In addition to your new role, we will provide a full company induction, on the job training, development and support from Nationwide as well as your own Apprentice Training Provider Assessor.
Your role will be responsible for providing an efficient and professional service to Nationwide employees in respect of employment policy and benefits.
You will be involved in a variety of tasks such as providing advice to employees and other team members about how to improve and apply employee policies, responding to employee questions about organisation changes and working closely with other teams in People and Culture to deliver projects.
The extras you'll get
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills and career
• Get you involved with real business projects with stretching goals
• Provide you with professional qualifications
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x notional your salary
• Accident cover worth 3x notional salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.