Financial Crime Apprenticeship 2019
Financial Crime Apprenticeship 2019
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: £16,380 - £16,380
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00ET00176
- Closing Date: 31 May 2019
• Location: Nationwide House, Swindon
• Salary: £16,380 annually, plus performance-based bonus and employee benefits
• Permanent, full time contract, working 35-hours per week
• Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship over a period of 18 months.
• Start date: 30th September 2019
As an apprentice within our Risk community, you’ll learn about Fraud and Financial Crime within an interesting, dynamic and fast paced environment whilst studying towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Compliance & Risk where you’ll work towards the ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention or Anti Money Laundering.
This Apprenticeship can lead to further professional development, leadership and specialist roles as well as opening a career path with the world’s largest Building Society. We’re looking to discover talent for the future in this business area through this progressive role.
Please ensure you apply early, due to the popularity of our apprentice schemes we will close roles before the application deadline when sufficient numbers of applications have been reached.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Have achieved a 5 GCSE at grades A – C / 9 – 4 (or equivalent) including Maths & English Language
• Pass the online assessments
• Need to be living in the UK
• Be enthusiastic and keen to continuously learn and improve
• Be comfortable working with large amounts of data and financial information
• Show strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Be a good team player
It would be nice if you also had:
• The ability to interpret and present complex information in a user-friendly way
• An awareness of the main types of high street financial services products e.g. Current Accounts and Credit Cards
• Good decision-making skills
What you'll be doing
You’ll be doing a real role within the society whilst studying towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Compliance & Risk where you’ll work towards the ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention or Anti Money Laundering.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to do all the tasks required as a team member and have all the coaching and support that you need to ensure that you are continuously learning and improving in your new job. In addition to your new role, we will provide a full company induction, on the job training, development and support from Nationwide as well as your own Apprentice Training Provider Assessor.
We have 2 Analyst opportunities – one in Financial Crime and the other in Fraud.
As part of your role, you will be carrying out thorough investigations into Nationwide’s customers to identify potential risks to the Society. This will include investigations into suspicions of money laundering and performing detailed risk assessments on high risk customers.
You’ll be working in the finance and reporting team in our fraud department, providing analysis of fraud trends and producing management reporting, to enable decision makers to minimise fraud losses and maximise protection for our members.
The extras you'll get
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills and career
• Get you involved with real business projects with stretching goals
• Provide you with professional qualifications
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x notional your salary
• Accident cover worth 3x notional salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.