Data & Analytics Apprenticeship 2019
Data & Analytics Apprenticeship 2019
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: £16,380 - £16,380
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00ET00177
- Closing Date: 31 May 2019
• Location: Nationwide House, Swindon
• Salary: £16,380 annually, plus performance based bonus and employee benefits
• Permanent, full time contract, working 35-hours per week
• Degree Apprenticeship over a period of 4 and a half years
• Start date: 30th September 2019
As an apprentice within our Data & Analytics Community you’ll learn how we provide Reporting and Analytic solutions that enable Nationwide to deliver great customer outcomes for our members, all whilst studying towards a Degree Apprenticeship in Chartered Management.
This Apprenticeship can lead to further professional development, leadership and specialist roles as well as opening a career path with the world’s largest Building Society. We’re looking to discover talent for the future in this business area through this progressive role.
Please ensure you apply early, due to the popularity of our apprentice schemes we will close roles before the application deadline when sufficient numbers of applications have been reached.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Have obtained or be predicted to obtain 104+ UCAS points
• Have achieved a minimum Grade C / 4 in Mathematics and English Language GCSE (or equivalent)
• Pass the online assessments
• Need to be living in the UK
• Be enthusiastic and keen to continuously learn and improve
• Show excellent communication skills
• Be a good team player
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience of using Word & Excel to macro level
• Achieved or expected to achieve an A-Level or BTEC in STEM related subject
• Experience of a programming language such as Python
What you'll be doing
You’ll be doing a real role within the society whilst studying towards a Degree Apprenticeship in Chartered Management.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to do all the tasks required as a team member, and have all the coaching and support that you need to ensure that you are continuously learning and improving in your new job. In addition to your new role, we will provide a full company induction, on the job training, development and support from Nationwide as well as your own Apprentice Training Provider Assessor.
What is Data & Analytics?
At Nationwide, we’re passionate about driving best value from our well managed and controlled data using Industry-leading Data Management and Exploitation Tools.
Our Data Solutions team builds databases that provide the information needed to develop our products and access channels (Branch, Internet, Mobile), and make sure we deliver accurate and timely information to our industry regulators. They use data from all across the Society and combine it together to create a place where our Reporting teams can go to produce their information.
Our Business Intelligence, Visualisation & Reporting team are there to provide colleagues around our Society with the Reports, Dashboards and Information that they need and our solutions are only as good as the data used; therefore, we must make sure that we’re providing good quality, well managed and controlled data, delivered in an exciting, easy to use way, that provides a solid foundation to make decisions and improvements.
Our Change team is a bit like air traffic control, responsible for co-ordinating our activities across Data and Analytics. They work with all the projects that are happening across the Society to understand and plan what our teams need to deliver so that we can do what the business needs us to do. They are the central co-ordination point that help Data and Analytics run smoothly.
What role will I have to play in Data & Analytics?
There are opportunities across all the teams mentioned, but as part of your role you’ll be involved in a variety of tasks; you’ll need a keen eye for detail so that you can analyse the quality and integrity of data and processes in our data systems, produce daily reports that help us run the business, and help us build new information systems. You’ll need to use your ability to work well within teams to help drive continual improvement of processes and help others to use our solutions in the best way possible.
A typical day in one of our teams might be producing some regular reports during the morning, and then in the afternoon looking at existing processes for ways to improve things, and writing some code that makes reports run more quickly in future. Whatever team you are in, you can be sure that your day will be full of interesting challenges and with plenty of opportunity to learn new skills.
As an excellent communicator, you’ll be required to work with people from across Nationwide to identify and understand their information requirements, resolve and monitor any technical issues they may face and work with them to provide fixes to make sure their information needs are met.
The extras you'll get
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills and career
• Get you involved with real business projects with stretching goals
• Provide you with professional qualifications
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x notional your salary
• Accident cover worth 3x notional salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.