Technology Development Programme 2020
Technology Development Programme 2020
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: £28,000 - £28,000
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00ET00215
- Closing Date: 20 December 2019
Are you interested in becoming a technology specialist? And are you ambitious and logical in your thinking? Our 18-month Technology Development Programme (TDP) will give you the training and experience you need to build a successful future in IT.
Nationwide is investing over £4billion in growth and transformation so it’s never been a more exciting time to join. We are currently recruiting for specialist roles within Software Engineering, Cyber Security, and IT Operations.
Join TDP and you’ll be making an impact by helping us stay at the forefront of leading edge technology. You’ll build your commercial knowhow and benefit from both personal development and professional qualifications. How far you go is up to you. In turn, we’ll reward you with a competitive salary and a workplace culture to be proud of.
You’ll attend our ground breaking TDP Academy where you’ll receive up to 12 weeks of core technology skills with a focus on individual and team projects.
More information about our Technology Development Programme can be found at nationwide-jobs.co.uk/tech-talent/technology-development-programme.
Who we're looking for
People who want to develop a career in IT, and have the passion and determination to grow, develop and learn. We’re more interested in your ambition, curiosity and ability to think logically than your education, so you could be a recent graduate or a career changer.
Ideally, you also:
• Have a background in a STEAM subject
• Can pay attention to detail while understanding the bigger picture
• Are a natural problem solver
• Can build and maintain strong working relationships.
What you'll be doing
We’ll work with you to find the best area suited to your skills, interests and potential.
You could be working on any of the below:
• Dealing with the Cyber Security opportunities and challenges presented by Open Banking, Cloud-based services and new technologies
• Enhancing user experience, dealing with live incidents and supporting on going innovation in Software Engineering
• Improving your coding skills or learning from scratch in order to continually improve our service and build new applications.
For more information on the TDP, please visit our website at https://www.nationwide-jobs.co.uk/students-graduates/technology-development-programme/
The extras you'll get
As well as a permanent contract and a competitive starting salary (£28,000 pa), as a valued member of the team we offer you:
• An annual discretionary bonus based on us meeting our objectives
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills
• 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
• The option to 'buy' up to 10 days more holiday
• A company pension where if you pay 7% we'll top it up to 23%
• Relocation assistance where applicable
• And a warm glow from helping our members.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
We’re different. Very different. Because at Nationwide, as well as having the enormous scope of a top financial services provider, we’re a mutual, here to provide the best for our 15 million members. That means investing in people and technology, researching and innovating to deliver the products and services our members deserve. We’ve been at the forefront of technological breakthroughs in financial services – first in the UK to launch an internet bank, joint first with Apple pay and introduction of Cisco leading-edge technology in our branches.
And we’ve remained true to our roots. ‘Building society, nationwide’ is more than providing mortgages – it’s supporting our local communities, funding housing initiatives, doing the right thing.
The world of financial technology is changing; smart about what we invest in, aware that innovation is the only way to protect and serve the financial needs of our members in an ever-evolving market. We’re on the brink of something big. Which is why we’re looking for technically minded talent to help us reshape the way technology is defined in the financial world.
At Nationwide we also have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other as well as our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. Here you’ll be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute.
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer a few questions.
We’ll send you our online tests to complete and, once you’ve passed them, we’ll arrange a 20-minute Engagement Call. You’ll then be invited to one of our assessment centres which run in January and February next year. Good luck!