Technology Development Programme 2021
Technology Development Programme 2021
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £28,000 - £28,000
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00ET00279
- Closing Date: 01 January 2021
Technology Development Programme
Are you interested in a career in IT? And are you ambitious and logical in your thinking? Our 18-month Technology Development Programme (TDP) will give you the training and experience you need to build a successful career in IT.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused and our members rely on our systems being up and running 24/7. We are currently recruiting for specialist roles within Software Engineering, Security & Resilience, Data & Analytics and IT Operations.
Join the TDP and you’ll be making an impact by helping us stay at the forefront of leading-edge technology. You’ll build your commercial knowhow and benefit from both personal development and professional qualifications. How far you go is up to you. In turn, we’ll reward you with flexible working, a competitive salary and a workplace culture to be proud of.
You’ll attend our virtual TDP Academy where you’ll receive training in core IT skills with a focus on individual and team projects. You will receive an individual learning pathway when you join your teams to ensure you are able to continuously develop your skills.
Please ensure you apply early, due to the popularity of our Programme we will close adverts before the application deadline if sufficient application numbers have been reached.
What you’ll be doing
We’ll work with you to place you in a role/area best suited to your skills, interests and potential. You could be working on any of the below:
- Enhancing user experience, dealing with live incidents and supporting ongoing innovation in Engineering and IT Operations
- Dealing with security opportunities and challenges presented by Open Banking, Cloud-based services and new technologies
- Working with data and analytics, you could be manipulating real time information, providing insights to the business, building and managing data sets
- Improving your scripting and coding skills or learning from scratch in order to continually improve our service and build new applications.
Location is flexible, however there may be a requirement to be in Swindon or London office for some days a week depending on your team/role.
We’re looking for people who want to develop a career in IT and have the passion and determination to grow and learn. We’re more interested in your ambition, curiosity and ability to think logically than your education, so you could be a recent graduate or a career changer.
Ideally, you will also:
- Have a background in a STEAM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art or Maths)
- Have the ability to pay attention to detail while understanding the bigger picture
- Be a natural problem solver with a positive, tenacious and solution focused mindset
- Have the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
Our members are at the heart of everything we do, so a passion for providing excellent customer service is a must. The path to the right result is rarely straightforward so you’ll have to be comfortable navigating challenges and managing ambiguity. As a high performing, ambitious deliverer, we’ll rely on you to be decisive, organised and proactive.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about your values, what makes you who you are and how you’d make a difference to our members in this role.
The extras you’ll get
As well as a permanent contract and a competitive starting salary (£28,000 pa), as a valued member of the team we offer you:
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop, progress your skills and career, for example, the technology learning platform for IT professionals – Pluralsight
- A personal pension - if you put in 7% of your salary we’ll top up by a further 16%
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- The option to 'buy' up to 10 days more holiday
- And a warm glow from helping our members.
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
That means investing in people and technology, researching and innovating to deliver the products and services our members deserve. We’ve been at the forefront of technological breakthroughs in financial services – first in the UK to launch an internet bank, joint first with Apple pay and introduction of Cisco leading-edge technology in our branches.
The world of financial technology is changing; smart about what we invest in, aware that innovation is the only way to protect and serve the financial needs of our members in an ever-evolving market. We’re on the brink of something big. Which is why we’re looking for technically minded talent to help us reshape the way technology is defined in the financial world.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer a few questions.
We’ll send you our online assessments to complete and there will also be a short video interview to find out more about you. If you are successful, you’ll then be invited to attend one of our Virtual assessment centres which will take place early in the New Year.
To find out more on the Technology Development Programme please visit https://www.nationwide-jobs.co.uk/early-careers/technology-development-programme/
For more information on our application process and useful hints and tips, please visit https://www.nationwide-jobs.co.uk/application-hints-and-tips/
If you have any further questions, please contact us at Emerging.Talent@nationwide.co.uk