Digital Marketer Apprenticeship
Digital Marketer Apprenticeship
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: £17,290 - £17,290
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00ET00312
- Closing Date: 07 March 2021
At Nationwide, our marketing teams promote our products and services across a range of marketing channels, including email, display advertising, paid search and our website. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Digital Marketing over 18 months. It can lead to further development and open a career path with the world’s largest Building Society.
You will start on 28th September 2021 and your salary will be £17,290. This is an exciting opportunity to join Nationwide on a Permanent, full time contract, working 35 hours a week.
As we continue to navigate the varying and unprecedented landscape of COVID we are continuing to work on how and where our teams work during this time. We are flexible on location but the role may require regular travel to Swindon/London or other sites as necessary.
What you’ll be doing
As part of our Marketing team, you’ll be working on planning and delivering communications across different marketing channels. Our Marketing teams are busy, so you’ll get to experience what it is like being in a fast-paced environment and working as a team to create impactful campaigns. We use a mix of communication channels, so you’ll learn how to create and deliver campaigns (with a specific focus on digital), how to measure the success of them all whilst developing your transferable skills in areas like decision making, managing priorities and creating relationships with a range of different people.
Whilst on the apprenticeship, you’ll have the chance to do all the tasks needed as a team member and have all the coaching and support to make sure you are continuously learning and improving in your job. And, in addition to your new role, we will provide you with a full company induction, on the job training, development and support from Nationwide as well as your own Apprenticeship Training Provider Assessor.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
- Have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade C / 4 or above including Maths & English Language GCSE (or equivalent)
- Be enthusiastic and keen to continuously learn and improve
- Be a good communicator, both verbal and written
- Have strong IT skills, particularly in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
It would be nice if you also had:
- A strong attention to detail
- Interpersonal and influencing skills
- A proven ability to be a good team player
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer a few questions.
We’ll send you our online tests to complete and, once you’ve passed them, we’ll arrange a 20-minute video interview. You’ll then be invited to one of our assessment centres which run throughout March and April. More details of the application process and our apprenticeship opportunities can be found at https://www.nationwide-jobs.co.uk/early-careers/apprenticeships/. Good luck!
Sorry, but because of the Education and Skills Funding Agency’s rules around apprenticeships, we can’t accept your application if:
- You already have a qualification or Apprenticeship at a higher level
We can accept it if:
- the apprenticeship you’re applying for means you’ll learn completely new skills, and
- you can prove that your previous qualification or apprenticeship is significantly different from the new one.