- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: £17,290 - £17,290
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00ET00313
- Closing Date: 07 March 2021
As an apprentice within our Finance & Efficiency community, you’ll learn the accountancy trade within an interesting, dynamic and fast paced team. Working towards a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Professional Services where you’ll work towards the Professional Accountant / Tax Technician CIMA certificate over 18 – 24 months.
The salary for this role will be £17,290. The Start date for this apprenticeship will be September 28th 2021 on a permanent, full time contract, working 35-hours per week with a requirement to be in Swindon some days a week.
This Apprenticeship can lead to further professional development, leadership and specialist roles as well as opening a career path with the world’s largest Building Society.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be doing a real role within the society whilst studying towards your apprenticeship.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to do all the tasks required as a team member and have all the coaching and support that you need to ensure that you are continuously learning and improving in your new job. In addition to your new role, we will provide a full company induction, on the job training, development and support from Nationwide as well as your own Apprentice Training Provider Assessor.
As part of your role you’ll be involved in a variety of tasks such as producing regulatory and financial reports, using your problem-solving skills to perform analysis on financial results and being an excellent communicator by sharing your findings with team members. You’ll take responsibility for your own work, and will need to use your own initiative to solve problems.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
- Have achieved a Grade ‘A’ or ‘B’ / Grade 6-9 in Mathematics GCSE (or equivalent)
- Have an English Language GCSE minimum Grade C / 4 (or equivalent)
- Pass the online assessments
- Need to be living in the UK
- Be enthusiastic and keen to continuously learn and improve
- Show excellent communication skills
- Be a good team player
It would be nice if you also had:
- Advanced IT skills, particularly in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- A strong attention to detail
The extras you’ll get
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills and career
- Get you involved with real business projects with stretching goals
- Provide you with professional qualifications
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x notional your salary
- Accident cover worth 3x notional salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Why work at Nationwide
We’re different. Very different. Because at Nationwide, as well as having the enormous scope of a top financial services provider, we’re a mutual, here to provide the best for our 15 million members. That means investing in people and technology, researching and innovating to deliver the products and services our members deserve.
And we’ve remained true to our roots. ‘Building society, nationwide’ is more than providing mortgages – it’s supporting our local communities, funding housing initiatives, doing the right thing.
At Nationwide we also have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other as well as our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. Here you’ll be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute.
What to do next
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer a few questions.
We’ll send you our online tests to complete and, once you’ve passed them, we’ll arrange a 20-minute telephone interview. You’ll then be invited to one of our assessment centres which run throughout April and May. More details of the application process and our apprenticeship opportunities can be found at https://www.nationwide-jobs.co.uk/early-careers/apprenticeships/. Good luck!
Sorry, but because of the Education and Skills Funding Agency’s rules around apprenticeships, we can’t accept your application if:
- You already have a qualification or Apprenticeship at a higher level
We can accept it if:
- the apprenticeship you’re applying for means you’ll learn completely new skills, and
- you can prove that your previous qualification or apprenticeship is significantly different from the new one.
Please ensure you apply early, due to the popularity of our apprentice schemes we will close roles before the application deadline when sufficient numbers of applications have been reached.