IT Apprenticeship - Level 3
IT Apprenticeship - Level 3
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: £17,290 - £17,290
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00ET00318
- Closing Date: 28 March 2021
As an apprentice on the Technology Development programme (TDP), you’ll gain valuable skills and qualifications whilst learning on the job. You will work towards a Level 3 apprenticeship certificate over 12 – 24 months with the opportunity to work in IT Service Delivery.
This Apprenticeship can open up an exciting career path with world’s largest Building Society. We’re looking to discover talent for the future of technology, so after completing your Apprenticeship you could also have the opportunity to join our TDP Accelerator Scheme.
Your salary will be £17,290 with a start date of the 7th September 2021. Location is flexible but there may be a requirement for you to be in Swindon some days a week depending on your placement.
What you’ll be doing
You could find yourself involved in some of the following:
- Developing functional and technical solutions
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Collating, analysing and assessing data
- Meeting lead users from business areas to understand their requirements
- Reviewing processes and looking for opportunities to refine and improve them
- Collaborating with other IT teams
- Working with our high-profile IT partners
You’ll receive a full company induction, on the job training plan, development, and support from Nationwide as well as your own apprenticeship skills coach. You’ll have all the coaching and support that you need to ensure you succeed and shine in your new role.
As well as undertaking a role within the society you will also be part of our TDP, which has been designed to help and support you launch a built upon a successful and rewarding career.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
- Have 5 GCSEs including Maths and English (A*- C) 9-4 (or equivalent)
- Have a passion for Technology
- Pass the online assessments
- Be enthusiastic and keen to continuously learn and improve
- Show excellent communication skills
- Be a good team player
- Be living in the UK
It would be nice if you also had:
- Willingness to build and support technical solutions
- Good attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills and career
- Be involved with real business projects with stretching goals
- Provided with professional qualifications
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer a few questions.
We’ll send you our online tests to complete and, once you’ve passed them, we’ll arrange a 20-minute video interview. You’ll then be invited to one of our assessment centres which run throughout March and April. More details of the application process and our apprenticeship opportunities can be found at https://www.nationwide-jobs.co.uk/early-careers/apprenticeships/. Good luck!
Sorry, but because of the Education and Skills Funding Agency’s rules around apprenticeships, we can’t accept your application if:
- You already have a qualification or Apprenticeship at a higher level
We can accept it if:
- the apprenticeship you’re applying for means you’ll learn completely new skills, and
- you can prove that your previous qualification or apprenticeship is significantly different from the new one.