Customer Consultant Apprenticeship
Customer Consultant Apprenticeship
- Location(s): Swindon
- Salary: £17,290 - £17,290
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00ET00322
- Closing Date: 26 April 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible and part-time working approaches for this role
Is Customer Service your passion? If you’ve got a customer service background, if you’re a confident communicator, this could be just the job for you. We have an exciting opportunity to join our multi channelled customer service team supporting our customers with their banking needs on the phone all whilst gaining a level 3 Apprenticeship working as a Customer Consultant.
What you’ll be doing
Handling a range of inbound calls, you’ll play a central role when it comes to supporting our members. We’re a building society not a bank, so our customers are members of our Society. Their needs are at the heart of everything we do.
You’ll do more than just communicate; you’ll advise, using your empathy, and ability to help members get the right outcome for them. Unlike some places, we’re not driven by scripts or standard calls. You’ll take ownership and responsibility with each member to make decisions and respond to their queries whilst following regulations and always treating them fairly.
The Start date for the role will be the September 28th 2021 on a permanent full time contract working 35 hours per a week. The apprenticeship will take between 18-24 months to complete with 20% of your time set aside to support this.
Initially this role will be based in office, however we envisage a transition for this role to home working in the future, so it’s important that you have a home environment where you can work from and good Wi-Fi – we’ll provide the rest.
We’re not just looking for your experience and skills. We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our members are made up of so many different kinds of people and we want our employees to be just as diverse.
Are you someone who really does want to make a difference for our members? Working for a building society you will have the opportunity to change someone’s life for the better.
We are the front line in protecting our members, building our society.
As a minimum you’ll;
- Have achieved a Grade ‘C’ in Mathematics and English Language GCSE (or equivalent)
- Want to have a career within Financial Services
- Pass our online assessments
- Need to be living in the UK
- Be enthusiastic and keen to continuously learn and improve
- Show excellent communications skills
- Be a good team player
- Good PC Skills
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer a few questions.
We’ll send you our online tests to complete and, once you’ve passed them, we’ll arrange a 20-minute video interview. You’ll then be invited to one of our assessment centres which run throughout April - May. More details of the application process and our apprenticeship opportunities can be found at https://www.nationwide-jobs.co.uk/early-careers/apprenticeships/. Good luck!
Sorry, but because of the Education and Skills Funding Agency’s rules around apprenticeships, we can’t accept your application if:
- You already have a qualification or Apprenticeship at a higher level
We can accept it if:
- the apprenticeship you’re applying for means you’ll learn completely new skills, and
- you can prove that your previous qualification or apprenticeship is significantly different from the new one.