Technology Development Programme - Accelerator
Technology Development Programme - Accelerator
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £28,000 - £28,000
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00ET00362
- Closing Date: 08 November 2021
Are you interested in a career in IT? And are you ambitious and logical in your thinking? Our 18-month Technology Development Programme (TDP) will give you the training and experience you need to build a successful career in IT.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused and our members rely on our systems being up and running 24/7.
We are currently recruiting for specialist roles within Software Engineering, Security & Resilience, Data & Analytics, IT Operations and Cloud Engineering.
Join the TDP and you’ll be making an impact by helping us stay at the forefront of leading-edge technology. You’ll build your commercial knowhow and benefit from both personal development and professional qualifications. How far you go is up to you. In turn, we’ll reward you with flexible working, a competitive salary and a workplace culture to be proud of. You’ll attend our virtual TDP Academy where you’ll receive training in core IT skills with a focus on individual and team projects. You will receive an individual learning pathway when you join your teams to ensure you are able to continuously develop your skills.
We recently announced that from now on we’ll be recruiting where the talent is as opposed to where our offices are and therefore, we are flexible on location and you will not need to relocate. You can work from anywhere. You choose your location based on your working day.
Please ensure you apply early, due to the popularity of our Programmes we will close adverts before the application deadline if sufficient application numbers have been reached.
What you’ll be doing
We’ll work with you to place you in a role/area best suited to your skills, interests and potential. You could be working on any of the below:
• Enhancing user experience, dealing with live incidents, supporting ongoing innovation in Engineering and IT Operations. Supporting and growing our increasing Cloud Engineering and DevOps functions, ensuring our services are competitive and secure
• Dealing with security opportunities and challenges presented by Open Banking, Cloud-based services and new technologies
• Working with data and analytics, you could be manipulating real time information, providing insights to the business, building and managing data sets
• Improving your scripting and coding skills, or learning from scratch to continually improve our service and build new applications
We’re looking for people who want to develop a career in IT and have the passion and determination to grow and learn. We’re more interested in your ambition, curiosity and ability to think logically than your education, so you could be a recent graduate or a career changer.
Ideally, you will also:
• Have a background in a STEAM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art or Maths)
• Have the ability to pay attention to detail while understanding the bigger picture
• Be a natural problem solver with a positive, tenacious and solution focused mindset
• Have the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
Our members are at the heart of everything we do, so a passion for providing excellent customer service is a must. The path to the right result is rarely straightforward so you’ll have to be comfortable navigating challenges and managing ambiguity. As a high performing, ambitious deliverer, we’ll rely on you to be decisive, organised and proactive.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about your values, what makes you who you are and how you’d make a difference to our members in this role.
The extras you’ll get
As well as a permanent contract and a competitive starting salary (£28,000 pa), as a valued member of the team we offer you:
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your skills and career, for example, the technology learning platform for IT professionals – Pluralsight
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re different from other financial service providers. We’re a building society, owned by our members. And for over 130 years, we’ve supported those members to make the most of their money and achieve what they want from life. That’s reflected in the way we work here at Nationwide. We come together to make sure we’re doing things in the best way possible, both for each other and for our members. If you join us, you’ll be part of that. You’ll be able to help us build something really quite special. And you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference. On top of that, we always want you to be yourself. To use your skills and experience to make our Society stronger. To feel valued for who you are, not just what you do. Because here at Nationwide, we understand that we can do more together than we ever could alone.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We’ll send you our online assessments to complete and there will also be a short video interview to find out more about you. If you are successful, you’ll then be invited to attend one of our Virtual assessment centres which run from mid-November through to December, with some also taking place early in the New Year.
More details on the Technology Development Programme can be found at: https://www.nationwide-jobs.co.uk/early-careers/technology-development-programme/
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
For more information on our application process and useful hints and tips, please visit: https://www.nationwide-jobs.co.uk/application-hints-and-tips/
If you have any further questions, please contact us at Emerging.Talent@nationwide.co.uk