Analyst (Retail Products) Industrial Placement
We’re offering a 12-month Industrial Placement opportunity as an Analyst within the Pricing & Performance team which sits in Retail Products. This team is responsible for product pricing, performance and planning.
Unsecured lending is at the core of our new strategy, and you can play a part in helping to manage and set pricing strategies to grow over £4bn of personal loans, credit card and overdraft balances. We are a dynamic and inclusive team of people who are passionate about meeting our members’ banking needs in a fairer and more rewarding way for the good of society.
At Nationwide, we have adopted a hybrid working model to benefit from collaborating with colleagues in person, as well as providing the flexibility of working from home. This role can be based in either our Swindon Head Office or London depending on the location nearest to you, and you’ll be expected to be in the office 2 days per week.
This opportunity is available to University students seeking an undergraduate placement year.
What you’ll be doing
The Pricing & Performance Team is responsible for setting and monitoring trading objectives for our current accounts, savings, personal loans, and credit card products. They monitor what’s happening across the industry to understand how our propositions and pricing benchmark against other lenders and develop pricing strategies to meet trading objectives whilst considering customer outcomes. The team also produces data driven insight to solve business problems and improve our products and services.
Based in the Pricing & Performance team, you could be:
• Using internal and external information to build understanding and insight of product and market performance and effectively communicating this to key stakeholders.
• Using your commercial, numerical, and analytical skills to produce insight and develop pricing proposals.
• Supporting with analysis to inform decisions that will play a vital role in managing performance and enabling us to meet more of our member’s banking needs.
This role is all about delivering for the Society whilst experiencing a working environment, so you’ll need to have:
• A high level of numeracy and IT literacy.
• The ability to use your analytical skills to identify trends and come up with solutions and ideas.
• Be numerate with a logical mind set and be imaginative in problem solving.
• Have excellent communication skills and be good at building relationships across all levels.
We will also be looking for:
• Experience using software such as SAS, SQL, Python would be useful but not essential as training will be provided.
• The ability to plan and deliver work with attention to detail.
• Determination and drive to make a difference.
Our Customer First behaviours are all about putting customers and members at the heart of how we work together. You can strengthen your application by showing the behaviours that resonate with you, and how you might have already demonstrated these.
• Say it straight- This is about being honest and direct with good intent and saying what needs to be said in the room. It’s also about being clear, precise, and using language that we and, importantly, our customers and members can understand.
• Push for better- This is about aiming high and constantly looking for better in how we work together and serve our customers and members.
• Get it done- This is about prioritising what will have the greatest impact, being decisive and taking accountability for delivering on the end-to-end outcome.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A 12-month placement from Sept 2024 – Sept 2025
- A real job – you’ll be contributing to the organisation while you learn
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
What makes us different
Nationwide isthe world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have arelationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scaleto compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a buildingsociety, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have theircurrent account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do thingsdifferently to deliver our Purpose – Banking – but fairer, more rewarding,and for the good of society.
When you workat Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be partof a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding careerexperiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match. You’ll also bejoining us at an important time as we seek to reach more and more people in theUK. We want everyone in the UK to know that they don’t have to bank with abank. They can choose a modern mutual instead.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up-to-date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We’ll send you our online assessments to complete and there will also be a short video interview to find out more about you. If you are successful, you’ll then be invited to attend one of our virtual assessment centres which run in January and February.
For more information on our application process and useful hints and tips, please visit: Application Hints and Tips | Nationwide Jobs (nationwide-jobs.co.uk)
If you have any further questions, please contact us at Emerging.Talent@nationwide.co.uk
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward.
This is the total amount you earn per year
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.