Data & Analytics Integration Director
Data & Analytics Integration Director
- Location: Countrywide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00EXECU00025
- Closing Date: 09 March 2021
- A Data & Analytics Integration Director
- Executive Package
- Full time, permanent contract
- Send in your application by 9th March 2021
About the role
We’re navigating significant and ambitious change at Nationwide, the world’s largest building society. It’s an exciting time as we evolve to a new future that sees us accelerate delivery of value to our 15 million Members and engage colleagues around new ways of working. And now more than ever, we rely on data and insight to guide us through our decisions and support of our wider societal objectives.
This new Senior Executive role, as ‘Data & Analytics Integration Director’ provides a compelling opportunity for an experienced and influential leader to own the integration and adoption of the Society’s Data & Analytics technology and digital platforms, including the creation and delivery of data and analytics self-service capability for the Society. Reporting to the Chief Data Officer, this role will put you at the heart of our D&A strategy and transformation journey, giving you the platform to drive business advocacy and fundamentally make a real difference in an organisation famed for its values and sense of social purpose.
Due to COVID-19, the way we are operating as an organisation has changed. As a result, we are flexible on location and whilst this role will involve working remotely to begin with, as things hopefully begin to adapt further, it’s anticipated there will be occasional travel to Swindon/London.
What you’ll be doing
- To begin with, it’s essential that you understand the legacy technology and solution estate to define the transition strategy from delivery of bespoke solutions (including Business Intelligence) to full self-service model for consumption of D&A solutions. This will support modernisation of the Society’s data consumption patterns, simplify our technology estate and improve solution resilience and support.
- So that efficiencies can permeate the Society’s new ‘Mission’ operating model, you’ll further define the transition strategy to move from manual and static reporting to automation and self-service to deliver metric-centric business performance management capability.
- To enable our future digital- and data-driven Society, you’ll own and implement the vision for data services evolution from custom-made, hard-coded feeds and models to an API and component-based offering, with User (Colleague) Experience at its core.
- To dissolve information silos and manage challenges impeding the democratisation of data, such as ability to scale services, knowledge sharing and providing autonomy to teams, you’ll oversee transfer knowledge of data domains from SMEs to new architecture components such as meta-data for a data fabric.
- Under your leadership, you’ll implement and support solutions demonstrating best practices in Continuous Integration, Deployment/Delivery and Monitoring of the assets.
- You’ll lead, inspire and motivate the centre of excellence team of around 60-80 people to strengthen and continuously improve.
- As part of D&A Leadership team, you’ll work collaboratively with Nationwide Technology and Architecture teams to ensure alignment with design and engineering patterns, especially with regards to tools and technology lifecycle and software development standards.
- Work in partnership with the D&A Product Owners to ensure alignment with analytics strategy and data safeguarding and compliance.
- Work in partnership with Nationwide Leadership to understand, influence and prioritise demands for D&A services as well as to inform transition and long-term strategies.
We’ll need you to have demonstrable data architecture and data change skills and experience in a related senior management role. You’ll have extensive experience leading the development and implementation of data integration strategies and roadmaps, with a proven ability to take an ambiguous brief and transform into a credible vision and delivery plan, gaining business advocacy at all levels, understanding the complexities of stakeholder management and priorities.
With your expert knowledge of full data lifecycle and its practical implementation and application, you’ll possess genuine enthusiasm for data architecture and continuous improvement. As such, you’ll be highly self-motivated to improve Nationwide’s D&A capabilities, lead the evolution of Nationwide’s adoption of data self-service, keep abreast of new developments, build ambition in teams and drive long term change into the Society.
In summary, you’ll be a credible, visionary leader who is resourceful and insightful, with the ability to inspire, drive change at pace and easily build trust and influence at an enterprise level. Engaging with senior business leaders, you’ll confidently articulate the importance of data and securing commitment to data change. Significant experience within the services sector, preferably financial, powered by digital technology would be an advantage.
The extras you’ll get
When you put a lot in, it’s only fair to expect a lot out. So, when you help us do the right thing for our members, we want to reward you. As well as your salary, additional benefits include 30 days’ holiday (on top of bank holidays), an executive car allowance, a competitive pension or cash alternative, private healthcare for your family plus executive health screening every 2 years, life assurance and the opportunity to participate in Sharing in Success, our Society-wide, all-employee variable pay plan. If that wasn’t enough, you could also tailor your reward package by taking advantage of a range of flexible benefits.
Why work for us
For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too. If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer a few questions, and you can attach a cover letter to support your application.