- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £18,200 - £21,756
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00MF00010
- Closing Date: 22 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Customer Administrator in Banking & Savings Operations, Shared Services
This is a 12-month full time secondment (35-hour contract)
As a Customer Administrator for our Team, you will take accountability for giving first class customer service to deliver high quality outcomes for our members by processing administration tasks on a variety of Banking & Savings Accounts. If you’re motivated by working within a fast paced, thriving environment where customer service is at the heart of everything you do, then this could be the role for you.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for delivering exceptional customer service by responding to customer needs and processing customer information and requests in accordance with operational procedures. You will understand and process customer instructions within agreed service levels and quality expectations. You’ll always be thinking about the customer and proactively maintaining your product, process and systems knowledge to a high level and ensure all contact is handled with integrity.
As a Nationwide employee you will identify improvements that could deliver value to the business and improve the customer experience. Promoting best practice and share these with others to ensure we are focused on servicing our customers’ needs in the timeliest manner possible You will always actively display PRIDE behaviours to deliver key objectives. Work flexibly, with a willingness and enthusiasm to work in other areas of the business as and when required by business. Fully adhere to all FSA and regulatory standards in addition to acting in accordance with the Data Protection & Information Security Policies. At all times you will demonstrate an awareness of risk management and ensure you report any areas of potential risk or non-compliance to your manager.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have a good standard of presentation and education that supports a professional business attitude
• Have the ability to accurately and efficiently use Information Technology packages related to the customer information being processed
• Have the ability to follow policies and procedures
• Have the ability to identify issues and provide high level root cause analysis where needed
• Be enthusiastic about working as part of a team. You’ll sometimes work on your own, but you’ll work with colleagues, supporting each other to help customers
• Be able to talk to different people and handle lots of different types of conversations, from answering a simple question to handling a complex problem
• Possess excellent verbal and written communications to be able to make and explain decisions clearly
• Be calm & polite with a positive attitude
• Have good organisational skills, utilising Word, Excel and Workware daily
• Demonstrate a highly motivated hands on approach to working in a customer driven environment
• Have high levels of accuracy and attention to detail in completing daily tasks
• Emulate all PRIDE behaviours supporting our team culture and customer focused beliefs.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience of doing a similar role
• Knowledge of AOM, EG and Quantumlite
• Good knowledge and understanding of the Banking & Savings processes
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.