Personal Banking Manager
Personal Banking Manager
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: From £21,500
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00MF00090
- Closing Date: 12 August 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
• Phone-based Personal Banking Managers in Nationwide NOW Banking.
• Current working hours are Monday-Friday between 8am-8pm with one Saturday, 9am-5pm a fortnight, with current opening hours between 9-1 on a Saturday but subject to change as we are operating currently in Covid response operating hours.
Personal Banking Managers handle inbound customer calls. You will develop in the role to deal with a range of non-advised products to fulfil the needs of our customers. If customer service and doing the right thing is important to you, send in your application by clicking apply today!
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Handling inbound calls you will develop skills to deliver the right outcomes for our members. You will need a willingness to learn as you develop your understanding and skills across our non-advised product range. Being a good communicator is crucial, as you build a rapport with each customer to gain a better understanding of the different ways we can help them. By asking the right questions you will be able to discover the options open to them and explain our products and services in a way they understand. This is a fast paced and challenging role that you will find rewarding. As a keen team player you will contribute to the overall performance of the department.
You will be the first point of contact for all inbound customer enquiries on opening New Nationwide products.
You will have previous experience in identifying and meeting the needs of customers using your excellent knowledge of Nationwide's products which are predominantly Credit Cards, Personal Loans, General Insurance and Current Accounts.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have relevant experience in addressing the needs of members through skilful, principle-based sales processes and addressing holistic member needs
• Have first class communication skills
• Have good PC skills to be able to navigate different systems whilst speaking to customers
• Be a great team player with a good work ethic and the ability to be part of building a solid relationship with our members
• Have the ability to work from home in a suitable environment within the opening hours above
• Have experience of delivering fair member outcomes through the Nationwide Product range
• Have excellent rapport building skills
It would be nice if you also had:
• Telephony experience
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below, select a London allowance if you'll receive it, and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward. Select one of the London allowances below if applicable
This is the total amount you earn per year
Tick the box for where you'll be based
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.