Fraud Analyst - up to twice per week to Swindon (Full time 35 hours between 8am-8pm, over 5 days Mon-Fri + one in four weekends)
- We are unable to offer part time hours, please apply only if you can commit to working 35 hours across all 5 days Monday to Friday. There will also be an expectation that you attend our Swindon hub up to twice a week.
This position which works on a rotating shift pattern and sits in the Fraud Contact Telephony Team, covering our core business hours Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and 1 in 4 weekends, where a weekend is worked you'd get the time back elsewhere. You will work contracted shifts flexed between these hours on a rotational basis and will be given 4-6 weeks’ notice of your shift pattern.
At Nationwide we put our members at the heart of everything we do. Our Financial Crime department protect Nationwide and its members from all types of Financial Crime, including Fraud. This role is in a department with an outstanding reputation, captivating subject matter and industry leading results that will see you work alongside detection systems, reacting to ever changing methods of Financial Crime, whilst striving to deliver exceptional member experience.
As a Fraud Analyst you will have responsibility for the prevention, detection and investigation of financial crime committed against Nationwide and its members. This will include supporting members through telephony conversations, investigating suspicious transactions, investigating, and supporting the victims of scams, investigating suspicious applications.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity to join Fraud Operations and be part of a team detecting a variety of fraud types.
- Your primary role will be inbound telephony to support and speak to members and third parties on the phone
- Investigating complex fraud cases and educating members by phone
- Following processes and procedures to ensure members and the Society are protected
- Making decisions within a set mandate structure
- Supporting and building relationships with other Financial Crime Operational teams,
achieving Quality Targets
- Working as a key team player to achieve Service Level Agreements, set internally or within the business
No two days are the same so we’re looking for someone who is a key team player, who is also able to work in a varied and fast paced environment. PRIDE values are key to this role, so if doing the right thing and putting members and their money first is important to your work ethos, then this could be the role for you.
For this role you’ll need:
- Experience in a fast-paced, resilient customer facing environment
- A high level of accuracy with an excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical, investigation and numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate with a diverse range of people
- The ability to work alone, as well as part of a team
- To demonstrate the ability to manage your time effectively and prioritise tasks
- To be competent using different IT systems
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience of working in the Financial Services sector
- Previous telephony experience
- Previous experience or a thorough understanding of financial crime and fraud types
Applications are welcome if you have worked in a highly resilient customer service or investigation role and have the willingness to learn Fraud. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role and you can tell us about your transferable experience, we encourage you to apply.
Our Customer First behaviours are all about putting customers and members at the heart of how we work together. You can strengthen your application by showing the behaviours that resonate with you, and how you might have already demonstrated these.
- Say it straight - This is about being honest and direct with good intent and saying what needs to be said in the room. It’s also about being clear, precise, and using language that we and, importantly, our customers and members can understand.
- Push for better - This is about aiming high and constantly looking for better in how we work together and serve our customers and members.
- Get it done - This is about prioritising what will have the greatest impact, being decisive and taking accountability for delivering on the end-to-end outcome.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career.
- Gympass – Access to a range of free and paid options for health and wellness.
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scale to compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a building society, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have their current account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do things differently to deliver our Purpose – Banking – but fairer, more rewarding, and for the good of society.
When you work at Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be part of a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding career experiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match. You’ll also be joining us at an important time as we seek to reach more and more people in the UK. We want everyone in the UK to know that they don’t have to bank with a bank. They can choose a modern mutual instead.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward.
This is the total amount you earn per year
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.