Windows Desktop Technical Engineer
Windows Desktop Technical Engineer
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00099
- Closing Date: 13 May 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
As a Windows Desktop Technical Engineer, you will be working in delivery teams, which provides design, build, configure, test and support services. You will use your technical expertise to create technical artefacts, enabling high quality technical solutions to be delivered at pace.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Nationwide is investing £1.2b in IT transformation, so it’s never been a more exciting time to join. Building high performing teams plays a huge part in this transformation, which is why we need a skilled Engineer to work within our Member Team.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Working within the delivery teams you will work collaboratively with others to build the best solution for Nationwide using Microsoft Windows 10 and the wider Microsoft platform. Using your team leadership skills and SME knowledge to offer advice/consultancy, build systems and work through problems to provide solid working solutions within the Windows space. Providing guidance and direction to less experienced Engineers to help create fit for purpose designs and/or solutions to meet the team objectives.
You may be required to work on call from time to time.
Have a proven track record in providing technical delivery through the design, build and implementation of Microsoft Windows.
- Have in depth knowledge & experience of the following:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft SCCM/MEM
- Automated builds using Task Sequences
- Windows Security and management including Active Directory, Group Policy, VPN and Certificate Management
- Microsoft 365 - across Office apps, Teams, SharePoint, Power Platform etc.
- Be comfortable working across multiple projects and immersing yourself in a team.
- Capability to write technical in-depth designs and present solutions to wider audience.
- Build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism.
- Have the ability and desire to learn new technologies.
- Be ready to share your expertise with our emerging talent
Experience and knowledge of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Microsoft Intune
- Microsoft Store for Business
- Agile project management methodologies
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday
• London location allowance - £4,687 per annum
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. Something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society. Nationwide.