Business Intelligence Manager: BI Solutions
Business Intelligence Manager: BI Solutions
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00104
- Closing Date: 05 March 2021
The Data & Analytics (D&A) community is responsible for ensuring that the Building Society’s strategic aims are met, where they rely on any aspect of data architecture, processing, availability, quality, solutions or insights to transform how we server our members needs.
Within this single community are all the skillsets that a modern organisation requires to act strategically when it comes to data & analytics. You’ll be joining the Data & Analytics community at an incredibly important time as we deliver our new strategy to transform our data capability across the Society – this is a crucial role for our future!
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
As a BI manager, you’ll be focussed on ensuring the CoE team is function strongly, meeting the needs of its stakeholders, driving forward its agenda in improving time to insights and promoting the self-service strategy. You’ll need to be confident in supporting team members, consulting with business stakeholders and challenging expectation of what strong data solutions look like.
To fulfil this role you’ll have responsibilities split between the Centre of Excellence and with product ownership:
CoE Leadership responsibilities:
- Team performance management
- Developing the capability of team members
- Coaching & mentoring
- Development and Operational support in the running of the CoE e.g. monitoring delivery effectiveness, CoE Training programmes, CoE events
BI Platform Services Product responsibilities:
- Development of BI Solution Standards, Patterns and Accelerators for Society wide adoption
- Implementation and Operation of BI Governance methods, including Solution design reviews
- Development and growth of an active user community of BI professionals across the Society
- ThoughtSpot Platform architect and Technical Support
- Delivery of BI Solutions that address complex, end to end journey or process, requirements.
It would be great if you had a technical background that included some of the below:
- Have understanding of delivering solutions using Qlik Sense, ThoughtSpot or another BI tool
- Project lifecycle experience from multiple data delivers
- Experience working with the Agile principles
- Used process optimisation (e.g. LEAN) and continual improvement principles
- Talented in identifying the business need and spotting opportunities to use your own ideas to deliver above expectations
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- London location allowance
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.