Data Governance Manager: Records Management
Data Governance Manager: Records Management
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00111
- Closing Date: 05 March 2021
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members and regulators. Data is the enabler underpinning all our Missions and is fundamental in helping us build society, nationwide. Its safeguarding is critical to the protection of our members and employees, enabling effective decision making and ensuring compliance with regulation, that is why we’re creating new roles as an important step in strengthening our data competence.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
- You will be responsible for reinforcing a culture of treating data as an asset and for developing and embedding processes and controls for the data managed in your Product area (Records Management)
- You will be accountable for leading business engagement on the value of data governance and effective records management; defining, implementing and reviewing data governance capabilities including metadata, data quality, reference data and data usage applying industry best practice in line with evolving technology and regulation, aligning strategies as required
- Responsible for developing capability across the Centre of Excellence, and for managing a small team of people, ensuring that each team member has a development plan which accurately describes development needs aligned to goals of the team and their personal development.
As the subject matter expert in Records Management, retention and deletion, you will be responsible for leading specialist Data Governance activities for your Product area, e.g. maintaining enterprise-wide records management standards and the central retention register in line with legal requirements, working with business stakeholders to define appropriate retention rules and solutions, identifying records management issues and overseeing the delivery of records management improvement plans and actions.
- Data Management thought leader in modern records management methods and techniques, including the use of digital technologies to support records management across both legacy systems (e.g. relational databases and windows file shares) and modern platforms (AWS, Azure, Microsoft 365)
- Expert in data governance capabilities, leading the definition and rollout of effective, auditable enterprise-wide records management frameworks, at scale
- Proven experience in the operational and practical application of compliant and effective records management activity, including monitoring and continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate difficult, technical concepts to senior business leaders
- People leader with experience in managing, coaching and developing small teams including matrix management of multiple delivery teams.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- London location allowance
- Car Allowance.
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too. If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered.
We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.