Product Owner: Secure Lake & Intelligent Controls
Product Owner: Secure Lake & Intelligent Controls
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00112
- Closing Date: 05 March 2021
Data for Proposition Innovation is a part of the Data & Analytics community within Nationwide Building Society that provides business intelligence, advanced analytic and data science-based solutions, and data perspectives for self-service data inquisition to all areas of the Society.
We are comprised of a number of teams, all working together to drive member value by providing solutions to real business problems that directly improve customer experience, drive efficiency in our data processing systems, and identifying potential new product offerings through member-focused personalization to achieve the strategic ambitions of the Society.
At the very core of these efforts sits the Cloud-based Advanced Analytics Platform which is looking to bring together data assets from across the enterprise to support a number of value-driving use-cases.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
You'll be a Product Owner for the Secure Lake and Intelligent Controls product within the Data for Proposition Innovation Value Stream, taking accountability to create an enterprise data layer that is fit for the future.
Working as part of Nationwide’s Cloud Centre of Excellence, you'll have a rich understanding of the demand pipeline for applications and services that will need to leverage the curated data layer and you'll lead a dedicated engineering function to deliver requirements that are designed to meet the needs of the security, privacy, risk, controls, finance, platform, application, and technology teams.
Your remit will be to work closely and collaboratively with all stakeholders to ensure that the data layer is adopted as a data lake solution as a key component to the Data & Analytics Strategy at Nationwide.
We're looking for a Product Owner with demonstrable industry expertise in leading a team to deliver an Enterprise Data Layer that services a wide variety of data and analytical use cases in support of Nationwide’s technology strategy.
In addition to having a deep understanding of cloud-based frameworks for safeguarding and monitoring all aspects of data usage, you'll have a passion for synthesizing data into a single member view that can be published in a curated data marketplace to enable self-service insights and analytics generation.
You also possess strong interpersonal qualities including team enablement, dependency and time management, stakeholder prioritisation negotiation, and strategic thinking and story-telling. Your fresh ideas and innovative thinking will help the team deliver this foundational component of the overall Data & Analytics Strategy at Nationwide.
As a minimum, you’ll have:
- Expertise and knowledge in big data platforms and cloud technologies that enable a data catalogue, with proper metadata understanding and organisation, rule/role-based permissioning, an interchangeable security framework for data privacy and use-case SLA requirements, a mechanisms to establish robust DataOps and AnalyticsOps practice and the materialisation of Nationwide’s core data assets into a variety of data modelling techniques.
- The ability to take a balanced view between value creation (business goals) and sustainability (architectural imperatives, compliance, audit issues, etc.)
- The ability to lead multi-skilled technical teams, with experience of working within a fast-paced and dynamic delivery environment
- Expert communication skills to enable clear, unambiguous discussion and agreement with stakeholders and team member.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to understand the problem, think creatively around options to resolve the problem and then conclude with a value-based recommendation.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- London location allowance
- Car allowance
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.