Product Owner: Analytics Features
Product Owner: Analytics Features
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00113
- Closing Date: 05 March 2021
Data for Proposition Innovation is a part of the Data & Analytics community within Nationwide Building Society that provides business intelligence, advanced analytic and data science-based solutions, and data perspectives for self-service data inquisition to all areas of the Society.
All of Nationwide aligns into three Missions that have been created to better our service to our members’ needs through different focusses and priorities. Data for Proposition Innovation is comprised of a number of teams, all working together to drive member value by providing solutions to real business problems that directly improve customer experience, drive efficiency in our data processing systems, and identifying potential new product offerings through member-focused personalization to achieve the strategic ambitions of our three Missions.
The business demand for using data to make decisions and create innovative solutions is growing, so you’ll be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment which employs forward thinking approaches to delivering real value to the Society.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
You will be the Product Owner for a number of Analytics Features that are built on our cloud-based Analytics Platform, taking accountability of the end-to-end delivery and maintenance of persistent analytics features. With a team of dedicated engineers, you will support your Chief Product Owner with the execution of their vision for the overall Value Stream of Data for Proposition Innovation.
You'll effectively communicate with stakeholders to understand their business and technical objectives, enabling interpretation and translation of their needs and relevant product knowledge into tangible outcomes and requirements that the engineering team will build into these features.
In addition to being responsible for delivery, you will be expected to provide strategic leadership of your Product Team(s), including definition of a Product Strategy and Roadmap that reflects the interests of the customer and maximises the value of products delivered to them, within the constraints of scope, budget, time and delivery dependencies. Often juggling multiple features at a time, you will take accountability for each of the features end-to-end, from setting the product vision through to developing the product and ensuring it is resilient and performant.
We are looking for a Product Owner who has demonstrable industry expertise in leading a team to deliver a suite of cloud-based analytics products to a wide variety of stakeholders.
In addition to having a passion and understanding of cloud-based engineering capabilities, you'll also possess strong interpersonal qualities including team enablement, dependency and time management, requirements gathering and backlog refinement, stakeholder prioritisation negotiation, and strategic thinking and story-telling. Your fresh ideas and innovative thinking will help the team deliver cloud based solutions to many of Nationwide’s business problems.
As a minimum, you’ll have:
- Expertise and knowledge in cloud-based technologies, automation practices, end-to-end data flow engineering that can support a modularised approach to deploying Analytics techniques.
- The ability to take a balanced view between value creation (business goals) and sustainability (architectural imperatives, compliance, audit issues, etc.)
- The ability to lead multi-skilled technical teams, with experience of working within a fast-paced and dynamic delivery environment.
- Expert communication skills to enable clear, unambiguous discussion and agreement with stakeholders and team members
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to understand the problem, think creatively around options to resolve the problem and then conclude with a value-based recommendation.
- Persistence in uncovering and solving for blockers as well as following necessary processes, in addition to an unabating tenacity to leverage available resources to ensure agile and rapid delivery of the Products.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- London location allowance
- Car allowance
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.