Senior BI Consultant: Technical Specialism
Senior BI Consultant: Technical Specialism
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00116
- Closing Date: 05 March 2021
The Data & Analytics (D&A) community is responsible for ensuring that the Building Society’s strategic aims are met, where they rely on any aspect of data architecture, processing, availability, quality, solutions or insights to transform how we server our members needs.
Within this single community are all the skillsets that a modern organisation requires to act strategically when it comes to data & analytics.
As a member of the BI Solutions team you will be given the freedom to design, build & test solutions using these industry recognised leading BI tools supported by best practices, with training to develop your technical and personal skills further, along with support and coaching from colleagues when needed. You can expect to work on a variety of business outcomes, as we work across the breadth of Nationwide Building Society.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior BI Consultant, you’ll be focussed on ensuring the CoE team is function strongly, meeting the needs of its stakeholders, driving forward its agenda in improving time to insights and promoting the self-service strategy. You’ll work closely with developers and stakeholders, advising and guiding work, identifying where improvements using data can add extra business value or improve process, but also helping with development and proof of concepts where needed.
To fulfil this role you’ll have responsibilities split between the Centre of Excellence and supporting product owners achieving their outcomes:
- Developing the capability of team members
- Coaching & mentoring
- Promoting the Self-service BI agenda
- Identifying new standards and best practice
- Representing the CoE across all of Nationwide and externally
- Ensuring solutions meet aims of outcomes & key results
- Development follows BI Solution Standards, Patterns
- Demonstrate art of the possible with data visualisation tools
- Development and growth of an active user community of BI professionals across the Society
- Delivery of BI Solutions that address complex, end to end journey or process, requirements
We're looking for someone with:
- Exemplary technical skills using Qlik Sense, ThoughtSpot or another leading BI tool
- Track record of playing key part in successful data deliveries
- Experience working with the Agile principles
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Used process optimisation (e.g. LEAN) and continual improvement principles
- Talented in identifying the business need and spotting opportunities to use your own ideas to deliver above expectations
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- London location allowance
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.