Security & Resilience Consultant
Security & Resilience Consultant
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00TR00122
- Closing Date: 12 May 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
(12 month Fixed-term Contract)
The vision of Security & Resilience within Nationwide Building Society is to be best in class for protecting members’ services, money and data. Our mission is to work in partnership across the Society, to make sure services, money and data are available at all times.
We are currently offering an exciting 12-month opportunity, to join a diverse, engaged and agile team, to help us in the delivery of our vision and mission.
In order to deliver legendary service to our members, we outsource and engage third parties. This role will be key to ensuring that in doing so, we effectively discharge our regulatory and legal responsibilities, retaining accountability and increasing our resiliency position. The role holder will be an experienced sourcing risk practioner, with a firm understanding of the risk and control environment, including but not limited to EBA, PRA and FCA requirements for Outsourcing and a working knowledge of the expectations for the Security and Operational Resilience domains
Working in collaboration with key stakeholder across the first and second lines of defence, the successful applicant will undertake robust due diligence through a security and resilience lens with well-developed inter-personal and stakeholder management skills, assessing our risk exposure and ensuring an appropriate control environment remains in place.
Experienced in producing outputs at all levels up to and including Regulatory submissions, the role holder will provide guidance and direction to both Senior Management and the Supplier Relationship Owner. Additionally, they will hold accountable freedom to continually look to improve and increase the operational efficiency of the S&R Due diligence process, ensuring it remains fit for purpose, aligned to Regulatory expectations and supports the safety and security of our members’ services, money and data.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
- Working within the Security & Resilience team, support the delivery of due diligence activity and the associated risk and control assessments
- Produce written responses, summarising our position for Senior Management and the Regulators
- Working with SMEs to identify the applicable existing mitigating controls, to determine the residual risk on any identified control gap
- Drive continuous improvements to current processes, in support of future Requests for Information
The successful candidate will have:
- a solid understanding of Third Party Risk and associated due diligence relating to Security & Resilience
- experience of providing security and resilience based services in a regulated environment
- effective relationship-management skills to work collaboratively with peers in other specialist teams
- a tenacious attitude to improve Nationwide’s risk and control environment
- a member focus, supporting the delivery of the Society’s overall strategy through the eyes of Security & Resilience
- excellent written and analytical skills
- effective organisation and time management skills
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.