- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00184
- Closing Date: 07 August 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
As a senior engineer within Nationwide’s Engineering Centre of Excellence you will join a supportive team of colleagues working in an agile environment, delivering a variety of IT solutions for our members. You will work within Security Transformation to support and develop the SailPoint IdentityIQ platform to integrate with Nationwide’s systems and applications.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
We are seeking an experienced Java Engineer to join our existing team supporting the SailPoint Identity IQ Platform. You will use your knowledge and experience of Microsoft and Java technologies to support existing deliveries and help build a strong platform support and development capability.
As an experienced industry professional you will work with Nationwide’s Architects and Engineers, SailPoint Professional Services and Partner resources to secure Nationwide’s systems and applications.
You will be given the opportunity to cross train in Identity IQ and Access Management.
We are looking for candidates with:
- A proven track record and industry experience
- Experience of Apache Tomcat or other web hosting servers
- Experience of core Java, Java Beans and Servlets
- Experience of using REST APIs
- Experience of Beanshell, PowerShell scripting
- Experience of XML
- Experience of database technologies (e.g. SQL, Oracle, preferable SQL)
- Experience of using Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT or other Source control repositories
- Excellent knowledge and capability in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and experience of writing functional/technical specifications
- An agile mindset and flexible approach to work
And the ability to:
- Multi-task and manage/support work across multiple work-streams
- Create a positive and supportive environment for fellow team members
- Be resilient to a changing environment and adapt to project demands
- Provide clear guidance to junior colleagues and other technical stakeholders in a timely and informative manner
It will be advantageous to have:
- Previous experience of access management/security projects
- Knowledge of security fundamentals and industry best practice for Identity Access Management and Role Based Access Controls
- Previous experience in DevOPs and Automation tools
- Previous experience in Selenium, Jenkin, Cucumber and Maven etc.
- Previous experience in workflow-based system
- Previous experience in customizing third party products
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
The hiring manager for this role is Anthony Hegarty and the main resourcing contact is Jordan Warren