Agile Strategy Implementation Lead - 12 month FTC
Agile Strategy Implementation Lead - 12 month FTC
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00TR00213
- Closing Date: 24 June 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
At Nationwide we pride ourselves on our commitment to enabling our people to get the best from their careers, we’re looking for someone who is as passionate as we are about achieving this aim. The Agile Capability Development Lead role will lead our internal Delivery team through their transformation journey, identifying best in class development for our delivery professionals and enabling us to meet the needs of the Society by raising the bar on the capability and services we offer to internal customers.
Responsible for the implementation of the people growth strategy for our 500 delivery practitioners you will ensure we deliver a comprehensive, clear and concise strategy for the development of internal capability. Your experience in delivering change in multi-disciplined environments will be crucial to your success, using relevant and tangible experience to articulate the benefits of adopting Agile principles and ways of working, championing progressive adoption of new tools and techniques whilst influencing our key stakeholders to ensure they are clear about the value our people bring to the roles they fulfil.
We know this won’t be possible overnight, we’re committed to continual improvement and the adoption of proven techniques that will help us raise the bar on our performance both individually and collectively such as Lean Portfolio Management, SAFE and more. Through your experience and guidance, we will support our people through an unprecedented period of organisational change, ensuring they can achieve their best and provide recognisable value to the wider organisation.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
The Agile Capability Development Lead is a new, dedicated and bespoke role introduced as part of our newly formed Delivery Centre of Excellence within Nationwide Technology. The role will report directly to the Delivery Centre of Excellence Lead.
Driving the development of our internal agile capability you will deliver value to our members by supporting the development of an engaged, motivated and happy team of highly skilled delivery professionals crucial to the successful investment of over £500m of change activities each year in support of our key outcomes.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home, particularly whilst we navigate the additional challenges of the Covid-19 Pandemic or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work closely with our 500 delivery professionals and senior executive leadership team to advise and influence the agenda for Agile capability development whilst supporting the growth of the extended team through the definition of applicable development objectives. Rather than focus on coaching Agile practices into a delivery team you’ll help develop our people by enabling them to understand the practical application of Agile principles and techniques in real world scenarios, working with them to solve the challenges they face in adopting these new ways of working in their day to day roles.
Our dedicated Talent, Succession and Learning team will be on hand to support the development of tailored learning frameworks that will enable the desired growth in our people through your guidance.
- You will have substantial Delivery Leadership experience on a range of initiatives spanning scale and complexity within regulated environments utilising a variety of delivery methodologies
- Experience scaling agile across large and diverse teams with a working knowledge of scaling frameworks, for example, LeSS, SaFE,
- You will be a true servant leader focussed on facilitating the success of the wider team
- With a strong understanding and ability to articulate the business value of specific Agile practices
- You will be able to translate agile practices into an enterprise environment – not just software development through coaching and mentoring across a large team
- You’ll have brilliant communication skills and generate impact through positive influence
- You’ll maintain a high standard of attention to detail with clarity of communication
- You are a recognisably qualified practitioner with a background in large team leadership
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme • Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 30 days holiday
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
- Individual healthcare cover
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. Something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society. Nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.