- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00252
- Closing Date: 24 April 2021
We are looking for a PeopleSoft Developer to work as part of the Engineering Centre of Excellence team aligned to the Central Communities domain.
You will join a team, who upon receiving business requirements, outlines architecture proposals and writes solution designs. You will be responsible for building and testing the solutions and participating in their implementation, all whilst adhering to Engineering’s design and build policies, principals and guardrails.
- If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
- We are open to receiving applicants from across the UK as we offer the option to work remote and out of any of our admin centres across the UK when required.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
As a PeopleSoft Developer you’ll be working at the heart of the Central Communities domain across the technology portfolio that spans Nationwide’s People & Culture and Finance & Efficiency communities, the latter comprising Nationwide’s accounting, ledger and reconciliations platforms.
You’ll be drawing on your experience of technical analysis, design, application development and implementation of IT solutions to achieve successful outcomes for IT programmes running within Central Communities.
At the same time, you’ll be taking the opportunity to keep up to date with new technologies, techniques and architectures and industry-leading design, technical excellence and best practice in order to improve the efficiency of Central Communities and the aforementioned business communities.
You’ll need to have an open mind, be able to work collaboratively and be capable of proposing and leading innovative initiatives.
You’ll have a track record of the following:
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills, effective at all levels
- Experience of working with business stakeholders to refine their requirements
- Excellent negotiation and facilitation skills
- Experience of task & activity management
Knowledge and experience of the following Oracle product domains is essential:
- Oracle PeopleSoft HCM & CRM, Global Payroll, Purchasing, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Project Costing Asset Management, Hyperion
- Application Designer
- PS Query
Knowledge and experience of the following will be an advantage:
- BI Publisher
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holidays
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. Something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, Nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
If shortlisted you’ll have a call with one of the recruitment team to discuss the role. From there it will be a final stage competency-based interview which will also include a technical some technical questions.