- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00299
- Closing Date: 24 June 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Last year more people opened an account with us than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand. As a Mutual Society, we’re owned by our members, not shareholders, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which makes working here feel different from that of ‘for-profit’ companies.
We’re now in the middle of a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to evolve how the organisation approaches the design-led delivery of its products and services. Meeting the needs and expectations of our members and colleagues has never been more important. To do this effectively, we need to be free to innovate and explore new ideas, we require established brand and experience quality standards, and we need to be nimble enough to move at pace, learn and pivot with confidence.
We’d love for you to come and join us and help us on this journey…
As our name suggests, here in Service & Experience Design, we’re responsible for defining, designing, and delivering frictionless, useful experiences that help our members manage their money and look after what matters to them in life. We research, we iterate, we craft, we strive – and we do it all to make sure our members have experiences that are memorable, for all the right reasons, on every channel.
What you’ll be doing
We’re really excited to be looking for an ambitious, talented UI Designer to join our Service & Experience Design team. Our team was set up to provide in-house design expertise, supporting collaborative working, and true user-centred design. You’ll be working and shaping end-to-end experiences in cross-functional teams, helping shape the future of Nationwide’s products and services. You’ll work closely and collaboratively with in-house creative, product, proposition, content, and commercial teams to realise business objectives and ensure consistent user experiences across our member and colleague journeys.
You’ll use your expertise in visual and interaction design to create experiences that engage and solve the needs of those that come into contact with them.
- You’ll be working with cross-functional teams, ranging from User Experience Designers, Content Designers, and Engineers to Product Owners and Delivery Leads and Product SMEs
- You’ll be working to an agile delivery methodology, working through all the stages of Design Thinking, from Empathise to Implement
- You’ll be involved in customer research to uncover the issues our members and colleagues are facing, instrumental in identifying opportunities and shape the direction of new experiences
- You’ll help drive the consistency, creativity, and design integrity whilst upholding and contributing to Nationwide’s shared design system
- You will ensure our experience standards and service principles are adhered to at all times within your project
- You’ll be encouraged to have a voice and share your opinions and experiences, driving up the quality and craft in everything you and those around you do
This won’t be your first UI Design role, but you’ll be looking to step up and push yourself! You’ll have the opportunity to truly hone your craft, learning from the design experts you’ll work with and play a part in creating memorable experiences for our members and colleagues.
You’ll relish working closely and collaboratively with in-house creative, product, proposition, content and commercial teams to realise business objectives and ensure a consistent user experience across our member journeys.
- You’ll have extensive experience working as a UI or Visual Designer within an agency or in-house design team
- You’ll be passionate about the latest standards, changes and trends in UI and UX
- You’ll be someone who can demonstrate designing experiences across products and services, showing the evolution of your craft throughout the early stages of your career
- You’ll have a sound knowledge of visual and interaction design and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities, and tools to create delightful experiences
- You’ll possess the ability to bring ideas to life in different ways – we like to realise ideas at speed and have a culture that supports rapid and iterative creation
- You’ll be aware of design systems and the value they can bring to your day-to-day design processes
- You can use Sketch and have a solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite
- You’ll be keen to get involved in shaping the discipline team culture and practices
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us. As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special. What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members.
We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.