Cloud Business Partner
Cloud Business Partner
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00338
- Closing Date: 27 June 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
The Cloud Product Advocate is responsible to the Cloud Adoption lead for the creation and execution of a CIO’s Cloud Adoption vision for their community, and the prioritisation of this through the form of a business and architecture roadmap. They will be responsible for advising the Missions and Communities on their cloud adoption strategies and map out the demand and fulfilment options of that demand. This will cover all Cloud solutions from SaaS, IaaS or PaaS as well as the identification of on-prem to Cloud migration opportunities.
They will sit in both the Cloud Enablement team, but also be embedded within the CIO’s leadership team as part of the collaborative, cross-functional team providing expert advice and guidance on the design and delivery of their Cloud adoption objectives and key results ensuring ongoing alignment of the objectives, delivery priorities and capacity/cost.
They own and mature the relationship with their CIO throughout the lifecycle acting as a single point of contact for all aspects of Cloud from roadmap, adoption to operational effectiveness.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for the co-creation of the CIO’s Cloud Objectives and business/technical road maps aligned to the Mission or Community outcomes set out as part of being in the CIO’s leadership team.
- Responsible for and leading the development of the Cloud priorities in the form of prioritisation and requirements matrix, along with ensuring the OKRs are ambitious to achieve pace and value for money.
- Proactively engage with other Cloud Product Advocates and Product owners across missions and communities, ensuring that Cloud demand is captured and consolidated, whilst maintaining a view of all external risks which may impact specific outcomes
- Collaborate with roles from Shared Technology Platforms and BAU shared services to gain support of the outcomes and effectively prioritise them, identify and resolving potential conflicts to the outcomes and where required, intervene to resolve.
- Manage cross functional teams spanning both Enablement and Platform creating an atmosphere of confidence and accountable freedom in the team to deliver the solutions that enables cloud adoption for the Missions & Communities.
- Custodian of the consumer within the wider Cloud community – being the aggregate consumer voice when liaising with Shared Technology Platforms and their fulfilment of technical solutions working with STP
- Develop and maintain strategic, commercial, and operational relationships with Strategic Partners managing any associated confidentiality or legal sensitivities.
- Deep conceptual understanding and significant demonstrable experience of the products, services or technology relative to Cloud
- Awareness and detailed understanding of society strategy and relative aspects to define Mission/Community vision, along with experience and a creative thinker who can translate idea and concepts into visions and outcomes
- A successful track record of interpreting and translating relevant product knowledge into tangible outcomes and requirements.
- Strong business analytical and problem-solving skills of highly complex change with multiple stakeholders in periods of ambiguity to enable delivery of squad outcomes
- Understood, developed and articulated emotional sense of self and the ability to flexibly manage the impact of this both on self and others
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to nurture and lead a high performing team leveraging individual styles and preferences
- Strong influencing and communication skills to manage challenges and maintain relationships at C-suite level
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application. If it’s already been defined please provide an overview of the assessment process and a timeline of when assessments will be.