Engineering Manager - Test
Engineering Manager - Test
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00342
- Closing Date: 11 May 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We are looking for someone to lead a team of Engineers that supports, designs and develops mortgage systems for The Mortgage Works, the “buy to let” Specialist Lender of Nationwide Building Society. The role will be test-focused, with opportunities to cross-skill and manage engineers across software, test and infrastructure disciplines .
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be part of a cross-functional agile team, working in a flexible and relaxed environment. The team will be working on a mixture of new and legacy applications, and we are looking for someone to drive continuous improvement across all applications and promote best practice in the team.
You should be someone who wants to learn from colleagues, be self-sufficient, be confident to share knowledge and coach others. We expect you to have an open mind, be able to work collaboratively and be driven to learn and succeed. You should be able to provide technical leadership, enabling decisions to be made with confidence and at pace.
We are looking for test leadership and quality expertise including:
- Extensive experience of managing or leading test teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working in collaborative and agile teams
- Demonstrable knowledge of test automation and associated tools
- Structured test techniques to derive appropriate test coverage and drive efficiency in test
- Functional and Non-functional testing (security, performance, accessibility etc)
- Experience of testing Web clients, APIs and Services, databases, etc,
- The ability to consider the business impact of technical changes and make risk assessments
- A track record in fault analysis, diagnosis and resolution
- Production of test evidence and associated artefacts
- Knowledge of testing tools such as Selenium, SOAP UI/Ready API, Saucelabs, Browserstack, ARD, JIRA, TFS, GIT, Cucumber
It would also be beneficial if you have knowledge of
- Knowledge of mortgages products, systems and processes
- DevOps principles and practices, such as:
- Test Driven Development (TDD) or equivalent
- Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines
- Knowledge of advanced techniques such as mutation testing.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
• Your values, and what makes you who you are
• How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair that you get a lot out. Our rewards and recognition scheme includes:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. We also give our employees the option to ‘buy’ up to an extra 10 days holiday.
- Car allowance of £4,656 per annum
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. Something really quite special. What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, Nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.