- Location(s): The Post Building (London)
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00345
- Closing Date: 04 August 2021
We’re a vibrant, lively team with a start-up vibe, based in the heart of London. We’re on a mission to create the ‘go to’ platform for Landlords, designing the tools they will need from helping them managing their portfolio to marketing their property.
We're fully funded by Nationwide Building Society and we are looking to expand our design team. We’ve got a pretty impressive team on board already, so you’ll be working with some of the best within a collaborative and thriving environment.
Digging into which user problems to solve you'll being an essential part of our design team putting forward new ideas. You'll also be helping bring a new brand to life and making a tangible impact to our users.
The team will regularly collaborate in Nationwide's newly refurbished offices in Holborn once COVID restrictions are over, working a mixture of both remote and in office working.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our small but mighty design team in Home Propositions. As an experienced designer, you are responsible for translating a project vision, user insights and business goals into stuff that works. You rapidly iterate designs and functionality based on what people need and the behaviours you observe.
You collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to develop high quality and accessible user journeys. You constantly prioritise the leanest, quickest and most valuable way to overcome the challenges you encounter. And you believe that user experience is the responsibility of the entire team.
- You’ll be embedded in a cross-functional product squad and lead design for one or more product area.
- You’ll be responsible for all design artefacts produced. From research and journey mapping through to shipping a well-tested and pixel-perfect UI.
- You’ll collaborate using clear communication, written documentation and facilitation skills. You’ll work closely with product owners, engineers, architects, user researchers and content creators. Make sure those team members are deeply involved throughout the design process and aren’t just shipping good looking designs.
- You’ll regularly work with the design lead and product leadership to ensure that the product vision, business goals and experience quality are all in alignment.
- You’ll advocate for high quality, inclusive and accessible user experiences. You should be able make appropriate decisions on where and when to make scoping trade-offs by balancing ideal experience, technical constraints, business risk or strategy.
- You’ll be the voice of our customers. You’ll be heavily involved in all types of research and testing activities and have a deep understanding of the customers we’re designing for. You’ll help to influence business stakeholders on a user-centric approach to processes; and ensure we ship the right thing that adds value to customers.
- You’ll help to drive a creative, open and respectful team culture and improve our design community of practice.
We’re looking for someone with the following knowledge:
- Solid experience working as a product designer or UX/UI hybrid, in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- A keen eye for great visual design execution, but are also comfortable zooming out, seeing the bigger picture and connecting the dots to design cohesive experiences and solving real problems
- The ability to think at a high level and clearly articulate design decisions
- The ability to take ownership of design process and work as self-directed member of the development team
- Comfortable running workshops or leading remote collaboration sessions with cross-functional groups
- Care about the use of words in designing interfaces that they should always be purposeful and clear
- A portfolio showcasing product challenges and process through the delivery of design solutions
- A constant learner and passionate about sharing knowledge – you’ll always be growing both personally and with the team
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair that you get a lot out. Our rewards and recognition scheme includes:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 Days Holiday
Why work at Nationwide
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us. We’d also like to see a portfolio of some of your work.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.