Solution Architect - Active Directory
Solution Architect - Active Directory
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00346
- Closing Date: 16 May 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
You’ll be a part of a multi-functional team working to deliver Microsoft Active Directory and AzureAD solutions to our colleagues across the Society. You will be thinking about how we can continue to provide the most appropriate solutions, as in particular AzureAD continues to evolve as a product, and work with our engineers and product teams to deliver them in an agile way. You’ll also work with the Senior Architect to help maintain and develop our vision and strategic roadmap.
Providing our colleagues with the right modern technology experience is key to enabling them to help our members. Microsoft Active Directory and AzureAD plays a key role in authenticating our colleagues and enabling them to securely access our IT systems.
As we continue to adapt and respond to both new ways of working and the continued technical evolution of our vendors’ roadmaps, we now need a Solution Architect to work as a part of the team that is continuing to maintain and develop Active Directory and AzureAD within the Society.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working as a part of an agile delivery team to ensure that, for AD and the continually evolving AzureAD service, the Society can keep this key part of the technology environment current and supported. This will include identifying the impact on the technology environment of vendor roadmaps and industry trends to ensure that the IT strategy and architecture continues to support our colleagues needs as well as ensuring solution integrity throughout the delivery and change lifecycles.
You will lead the end-to-end architecture for a variety of products and projects on behalf of the Architecture function and act as a part of a design authority to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose, implementable, complete, and meet the current and future needs of the business.
You will work closely with other Architects and Engineers within the Technology for Colleagues team, as well as Architects and Engineers in other areas of the business, to understand and deliver the agreed strategic outcomes for the Society’s Solution Architecture.
Working with Senior Architects you will help to deliver and maintain the IT strategy and architecture for this key service, and provide education, advice and guidance to internal resources and to 3rd party suppliers to support the consumption and development of our Microsoft directories.
From time to time, you may also work on other areas within the technology environment such as Windows, and Microsoft Office 365.
You will need to exhibit strong flexibility in ways of working where the architecture may need to evolve alongside delivery.
As a minimum requirement you will:
- have applied experience of Solution Architecture within a Tier 1 financial services organisation or similar large organisation
- have a proven track record of working with large (10,000+ user) Active Directory and Azure AD implementations, including associated technologies such as ADFS and Conditional Access
- have experience of prioritising and responding to business and technology strategies
- be an excellent verbal and written communicator with a proven track record of senior stakeholder engagement, influencing both business and technical stakeholders
- have experience of developing and implementing architectural roadmaps
- be able to work closely with non-technical stakeholders to support the shaping and creation of requirements and designs; and have the ability to communicate technical issues and constraints to non-technical colleagues.
It would be nice if you also had:
- experience of Microsoft Office 365
- experience of Windows 10 in a large-scale environment
- experience of Windows Server in a large-scale environment
- experience of Agile methodologies especially developing architecture in agile environments.
The extras you’ll get
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.